I have an 8700 and am trying to get it to work on a Dell ... Microsoft Windows forum

krilleater no está en línea Stack level 1

I can't get my 8700 to work on Dell notebook

Advertisement

I have an 8700 and am trying to get it to work on a Dell Inspiron with Windows Vista. I loaded my blackberry disk with version 4.1 just fine but the program doesn't seem to know when the device is connected to the computer via USB cable. I try to detect a connection under Options/Connection Settings but it always says that the device is not connected.

By the way the computer detects the installation of the device, it seems to be the softward that can't find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

krilleater no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: I can't get my 8700 to work on Dell notebook

I loaded desktop software 4.2 and upgraded the device software as well. The computer now recognizes my device.

New problem. When I try to set up synchronization to microsoft outlook, my computer closes the blackberry desktop manager. It happens in synchronize/device configuration/choose the application exactly when I click "microsoft outlook".

Any thoughts?

urbbtech no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: I can't get my 8700 to work on Dell notebook

well you have to config the sync options first i did that before but if it closed i don't know about that i use 4.3 now on my vista and it works fine for me