Help! I was trying to figure out why i could not get my BB8310 to ... Microsoft Windows forum

ichavis no está en línea Stack level 1

How do i reinstall the Standard Modem over Bluetooht Link under Vista

Advertisement

Help!

I was trying to figure out why i could not get my BB8310 to work as a wireless modem under Windows Vista. As i could not get it to work, i removed the Standard Modem over Bluetooth link modem under the devlce manager, removed bb manager and removed the bluetooth software on my thinkpad, and put each one back in order. A standard modem ws created by not a standard modem over bluetooh link? I am running Desktop SW 4.3 under Vista + SP1 RC1 on a Lenovo Thinkpad. Does anyone know what creates the Standard modem over bluetooth link modem entry? Does anyone know how to create it or hack the registry to put it back. One clue could maybe be is that I used this system for a Palm Treo 750p and had pdanet and hotsync installed on this at one point but i believe its all been cleaned up. I dont what to have to reinstall vista again. thanks for any help that anyone can provide. thanks. Ira

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: How do i reinstall the Standard Modem over Bluetooht Link under Vista

the posts regarding modems I have bookmarked are these ones, maybe they can help you:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._internet.html

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...red_modem.html

Re: How do i reinstall the Standard Modem over Bluetooth Link under Vista

Hi, thanks for the pointers, although they told tell me whats gone wrong inside of windows that i cant get my "Standard Modem over Bluetooth Link" definition back.
    Does anyone know who creates this definition? is the the blackberry desktop sw or something when windows vista gets installed. i've gone back and removed pretty much everything bluetooth or blackberry related and still cant get the Standard Modem over Bluetooth Link to show up in the modems defintions. Any help is apprecited. thanks. ira

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d

Hi ichavis, and welcome to Pinstack.

I've had this problem across our enterprise and searched high and low for the answers, and finally got it all straightened out and working great on both Vista and my iMac which is running Leopard.

My solution may not apply to yours, however. Though I'm certain you can avoid a clean install.

Can you tell me the following:

1.) What is your make/model of the bluetooth module in your Thinkpad? Is it integrated WAN/BT? Broadcom?
    2.) Under "Device Manager" How many items show up under "Bluetooth" and what are they? Driver versions?
    3.) What's the model of Thinkpad?
    4.) Vista edition?
    5.) Do you have any applications under "Software and Programs" which are meant to interface with your BT?

Hi, here is the info

a) yes, its the integrated Enhanced Data Rate BT by BroadCom
    b) Under bluetooth (radios)

Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator (Microsoft 6.0.6001.17042)
    Thinkpad Bluetooth Enumerator (Broadcomm 5.1.2535.0)

c) Thinkpad T60p
    d) Vista Business Edition
    e) None except the native BT utils and Blackberry Desktop

For ha's, i took a t61 and built it from scratch with vista and same problem, and then a co-worker did the same time and the same time thing happened. not use what is going on. thanks for any thoughts you may be able to provide. Ira

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d

ichavis,

I think I may have a resolution for you which took me a ton of research and trial and error to find.

I had to do what's quoted below from HP's site on all of our tablet PC's running Vista to get them working (We would click "BlueTooth" and there would only be 4 tabs showing, we could pair items but not connect to them or utilize them in any way... We do a lot of training videos and also dictations, so our desks were always a mess with two headsets (one for the PC and one for the Phones)... So I hope this helps.

On some of the machines I had to do a little more work and track down Broadcom's correct driver - which is 6.2.6000.1, Dated release 6/19/07 - We're running all intel chipsets (945 family) so if you're on AMD I dunno if this would be the right driver version, but I know it's got us all up and running.

If it doesn't find the driver for you automatically, check Lenovo's site or PM me and I will get it to you. Let me know if this works or not.

Here's the steps, simple as they are

Uninstall and reinstall default device drivers
    Follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall the default device drivers:
    1. Close all programs, and click Start , right-click Computer , select Properties .
    2. In the System pane, click Device Manager to open the Device Manager window. If prompted for permission, click Continue .
      Alternately, click Start , type [FONT=Courier]Device[/FONT] in the search field, and select Device Manager when it appears in the program list to open the Device Manager window.
    3. Click the plus sign (+) next to the type of driver you wish to uninstall and reinstall, unless the minus sign (-) is already showing.
    4. Highlight each of the listed drivers, one at a time, and press the [FONT=Courier]Delete[/FONT] key. When prompted, confirm that you wish to delete these drivers. Do not restart the PC.
    5. After the drivers are deleted, click Action > Scan for hardware changes . Windows Vista will scan your system for hardware and reinstall any missing default device drivers.
    6. Verify that the device drivers are listed in the device manager window.
    Last edited by PwDiamond; 02-19-2008 at 07:00 PM.