I'm in the learning phase of trying to determine what BB is right for me.....what ... Microsoft Windows forum

PSUFAN no está en línea Stack level 1

Full BES and BES Express

Advertisement

I'm in the learning phase of trying to determine what BB is right for me.....what is the main difference between the BES express version and the full BES service? What do you "lose" with the Express version?

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Re: Full BES and BES Express

For the most part BES Express is the personal edition of BES. I have not tried it but, you can only have up to 10 or 15 users total with upgrade licenses. BES has some nice management features. It's all in what you need to do and how many users? If I had to only use it for myself Express is what I would use as you get full Exchange Integration. From what I have read it is a limited version of BES, it looks like MDS is the only thing that is not included in Express, everything else is in there.

Sorry...but I have to ask...what is MDS? We're very small and at MOST 3 people will be using BB in our office. I'll be the one and only at first. Possible 3 in 6 months.

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Mobile Data Service, allows you to have apps that are run on your blackberry and use data from your office. Example would be a CRM solution that you use in house and the user has full access to the system from his blackberry.

It sounds like a good fit for you in this situation. It allows you to play with it and then if you need more features you can get the full blown package.

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3

MDS is the component that allows you to browse your INTRAnet and access internal applications/servers/etc.

Super...thanks data1025 and MWPatterson!

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

No problem, anytime.