Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

hi i am new here...i had simular problem when i tried to run to bb ... Microsoft Windows forum

hunghuutran no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Desktop Manager and Windows Vista

Advertisement

hi i am new here...i had simular problem when i tried to run to bb software 4.2 and during the process of installshield was interrupted error message 2738 can u guys help please

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Quote Originally Posted by tradervic
    I downloaded desktop manager ver.4.2 SP1 from RIM and when I tried to run the software (as administrator), it says that this program is not "a valid Win32 application". How do you get around this?
    this is the same error i was getting. I deleted the download and starting over. I have been running its as Admin since I have Vista. Lets hope it just didnt have all the info in the first download. otherwise not sure what to do.
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

well I got it to work finally on Vista. I had to download SP1 though. I was able to complete a backup. I think I will try downloading SP2 now. I doubt this had anything to do with it, but I went to blackberry.com on IE7 instead of FF. I don't think there is a difference but for some off reason it worked when FF wouldn't. its worth a shot. add me to the list of successfully working DM's on Vista...
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

hunghuutran no está en línea Stack level 1

hi rabb303....i've tried every possible solutions but still not working....any other ideas????thanks

PIN/ID
    240c3403

i had the same problem but i installed the SP2 on it and havent had a problem since then. Vista is one hell of an OS but companies need to start making programs more complient with it

cindy.watt no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Hi All,

According to Blackberry there are not supporting Windows Live Mail and Contacts. The connector coding is hardcoded to look for MS Outlook and Contacts. If you have MS Outlook 03 or 07, just import your calendar and contacts, run DM and voila! you are synched.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

dpfels no está en línea Stack level 2

Sorry to join this thread so late.
    I am trying to set up my fiance's new Vista machine. I would like to synchronize with iCal files on line. The Vista calendar program apparently does this as a native function.
    Are there still no plans to allow BB desktop on Vista recogize the Vista Calendar?

Is there any other workaround?

Thanks,
    Dan

David F Roberts no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by cindy.watt View Post
    Hi All,

According to Blackberry there are not supporting Windows Live Mail and Contacts. The connector coding is hardcoded to look for MS Outlook and Contacts. If you have MS Outlook 03 or 07, just import your calendar and contacts, run DM and voila! you are synched.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Hello there. I have a bb 8820 and my notebook with Vista. Vista does not seem to have "Contacts" in the Windows Mail ( unlike Outlook Express in Windows XP). If I download MS Outlook 07 as you suggested....then I would not be using Windows Mail correct? Has BB fixed this problem yet....? I am simply amazed that such huge companies like BB and BG (Bill Gates) have us all running around trying to make their systems communicate with each other in this day in age. We are after all....planning "Mission to Mars" and I can not get a common cell phone to sync with a common operating system that is not so new. Every single computer in the stores has Vista nowadays. Please help.

ohad_129 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    237be374

hello
    i had 7105t which DT will work with my vista
    thx
    eli

Albert2007 no está en línea Stack level 1

im having trouble with getting destop manager to work with vista everytime i download DM 4.2 SP2 right when its about to finish downloading it gives me an "error 2378" how do i get passed this someone plz help

ablefton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a0f56c

Question Re: Desktop Manager disappears with Vista Business

My laptop runs Vista Business on a dual-core system. I downloaded BB desktop manager 4.3 and it worked fine for a few days, and now everytime I try to open it, it appears for a split second and then disappears. I've uninstalled it, reinstalled it, uninstalled it again and reinstalled the prior DTM version (which does the same thing). Does anyone have a clue why this is happening?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12