Okay my fellow Pinstackers, I need some help for a project I am working on ... Microsoft Windows forum

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional

Question Date/Time Stamp Screenshots in Win7?

Advertisement

Okay my fellow Pinstackers, I need some help for a project I am working on and I know there has to be someone here who can help me figure this out.

Another website I frequent daily has a member who constantly bashes the website and all who are associated with it. It has got to the point where he does this in a rather gloating manner because administrators are well aware of it, which everyone knows, but for whatever reason are not addressing it.

So basically what I am trying to do is find a way to obtain screenshots that are date & time stamped. I thought this would be as simple as opening the clock in the taskbar over the screen being captured, which would show the current date/time, but that not only didn't work but after thinking about it would be too easy to manipulate since the date/time can be changed.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium w/ SP1 (64-bit OS). While I do tend to use Chrome the vast majority of the time, I also have Firefox (my second choice) installed and IE (used only when I have to).

This in mind, does anyone have any idea on how I can obtain these screenshots with some kind of date/time stamp to prove when they were taken?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    PinstackScreen.jpg

I just captured this whole post with the snipit tool in Win 7 ultimate.
    The time and date show in the post. Once saved I would imagine the time/date are saved in the jpeg info when opened in something like photoshop (if you're lucky enough to have the damn thing install correctly)...

I could probably get away with using the date/time in my taskbar using this tool, but my taskbar only shows the time unless I click to expand it (then it shows a small calender. But then once anything else is clicked, the expanded calendar closes

Is it possible to get my taskbar to show the date & time like yours? That was one of the first things I tried to do, but I didn't have any luck finding settings to change it.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I just captured this whole post with the snipit tool in Win 7 ultimate.
    The time and date show in the post. Once saved I would imagine the time/date are saved in the jpeg info when opened in something like photoshop (if you're lucky enough to have the damn thing install correctly)...
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

Never mind! I just had a brain fart and tried unlocking, then expanding my taskbar and it started showing the date & time. So I can do it on an as needed basis Thanks a bunch!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

glad to help.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Photoshop is extremely expensive, other very good options are Paintshop Pro (by CorelDraw) Still expensive but nowhere near the pre of Photoshop or Gimp which is Open source and free plus it works on Linux Unix, and Windows. It is very powerful with many of the functions of PS
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

I know, just like PhotoShop because I have exp with it from another job, in a life long, long, ago.

I picked up CS cheap, dirt cheap. Installs all but Photoshop fine. Went through a lot yesterday to get it running and finally gave up.

Had GIMP, looked good, but I use short cut keys and just remember PS well. I also have a ton of plug-ins and filters for PS.

Used PSP a long time ago when JASC owned it. Excellent program.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    IBummer that PS won't install. I have a copy of PS3 cost an arm and a leg would like to upgrade to the latest version but can't afford (or cannot justify ) loosing the other arm and leg. Also had Paintshop since vs 1 on Jasc even still have all the disc's from each upgrade. Showing my age here.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

Loved psp, it used photoshop plugins which rocked.
    Very easy to use. Think the last version I used was 5. Landed a job as a graphics artist for 4 papers, they used quark and photoshop. Landed a copy of photoshop from them and used forever.

Couldn't resist a CS copy for $5, so I bought it. I got everything to install once, then had to uninstall because I'm stupid. On re install everything worked except for photoshop. Kept getting "invalid personalization" error. Searched and searched and none of the fixes found work. Nuked any entry in the registry, uninstalled 100 times. Nothing works. Can't install just photoshop alone because I don't have the serial for stand alone, gotta install through CS installer or nothing.

Could contact Adobe, but something tells me that once they learn I bought it second hand I won't get anywhere.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I changed my time settings to show the date in dd MMM yy format, and I use 24-hour time. So any screenshot I capture will show the date and time.

See the attached screenshot that shows how I have it set.

Last edited by lak611; 06-09-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Laura, what's the add-on you have there on the browser next to the Bing search box. What browser is that?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    The browser appears to be Opera the full version. They have done so things with it, plus it integrates with the mini version and syncs bookmarks etc

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Laura, what's the add-on you have there on the browser next to the Bing search box. What browser is that?
    The browser is Opera 11.64, and the add-on is Ghostery
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611