Hi, today my wife and I each bought a Blackberry 8100, which we wish to ... Microsoft Windows forum

GarryPaxton no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Confused about type of connection required

Advertisement

Hi, today my wife and I each bought a Blackberry 8100, which we wish to sync with our PCs, but we're a bit confused about how to set everything up...

a) I wish to receive on my Blackberry the same email that I get on my PC (which has MS-Outlook). Typically, I would usually wait until I get home to view any attachments on my PC. I intend to sync only Outlook contacts and calendar to my Blackberry.

My wife has her own PC and email address, also using MS-Outlook, and wishes to do exactly the same as me - pick up her emails on the move and sync her own contacts and calendar.

However,

b) the one point of connection is that we would ALSO like to view each other's calendars. Is that possible? And if so, is it also possible to send each other invites to a meeting ? Or even update each other's calendars?

I don't know which option to select when installing and configuring the software. For example, is what we are trying to do only possible using MS-Exchange ?(which we don't have).

Any thoughts? Suggestions would be very much appreciated.
    cheers,
    Garry

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Confused about type of connection required

I am going to assume you both have a BlackBerry data plan on each 8100. You can send each other invites to calendar events.

In the calendar, open the event you have, hit the menu, and there is an option for Invite Attendee. It will then take you to your address book to select who to invite (or you can scroll to the very top to manually enter someone).

As far as just sharing calendars without inviting for each event I'm not sure as I have no other calendars to mess around with to try this.

GarryPaxton no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Confused about type of connection required

Thanks for the promt reply - I'll investigate what a Blackberry data plan is...but if it comes with the Blackberry, I guess we've got that. I presume that is a direct BlackBerry to Blackberry sync (not involving MS-Outlook at all). Garry

Ah, I see what you mean - yes, we have purchased the phones on an O2 contract, and paid extra for the online email/internet option. cheers
    Last edited by GarryPaxton; 12-22-2007 at 01:02 PM.