It seems that anything must be better than the much-derided Windows Vista. Its successor Windows ... Microsoft Windows forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

CES 2009: Windows 7 downloads bring down Microsoft's servers.

Advertisement

It seems that anything must be better than the much-derided Windows Vista. Its successor Windows 7 has been so popular that its beta download has crashed Microsoft's.

In his CES keynote speech, Micrsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said that the new operating system would be made available to the general public today. That in turn has led to the Redmond giant's webserver suffering under the strain of an eager public desperate to see the back end of the hated bloatware successor to Windows XP.

[Read more]

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    LOL... too funny
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm eager to see the Win 7 too but not enough to beta test it for them. People "beating down the door" to take a look at it's replacement - that just implies/proves how low the overall popularity of Vista has been, even though it has its fans out there.

I resisted the invitation/email that I got to give it a try - glad now I did.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 01-10-2009 at 04:11 PM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    The page is still down LOL I'll give this a go whenever it's back up. I never upgraded to a PC with Vista so this should be interesting.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    The page is still down LOL I'll give this a go whenever it's back up. I never upgraded to a PC with Vista so this should be interesting.
    Post back how you like it Erica. Evidently they took it down because the demand was so overwhelming, i.e., the 1st post.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4
    the page is back up and running
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

Not yet. I still can't get to it.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    you can still download the beta... just go to the windows 7 main page... I just downloaded to my PC, installing now. Click Here to get it.
    Last edited by impak875; 01-10-2009 at 05:09 PM.

I may pass on this now that I read the requirements for this. I don't have enough disks to back up my PC right now.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Win7 is DEFINITELY the best one of all windows. Runs SO smoothly on my MBP via BootCamp.