Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By KTW

i want something with standard performance for the price but excellent battery life. (windows 8 ... Microsoft Windows forum

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5

Any recommendations on a good $600 laptop?

Advertisement

i want something with standard performance for the price but excellent battery life. (windows 8 is a must )

currently looking at Dell inspiron 15, samsung series 3 E300 and hp pavillion G6

any recomendations or suggestions welcome.
    Last edited by KTW; 07-30-2013 at 06:30 PM.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I've had my Dell Studio 17 for about five years and its still running like a top. Someday I'll get a MacBook, but the Dell has been solid for me.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    I've had my Dell Studio 17 for about five years and its still running like a top. Someday I'll get a MacBook, but the Dell has been solid for me.
    And after 5 years the battery life is still as good as new ?

PIN/ID
    nada
    Well I had to replace the battery a couple of years ago, but that's it.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

KTW
    looks like I'll be getting the hp pavilion G6. the mafia hp sales rep made me an offer I couldn't refuse. he is offering me a pavilion G6 that was used for a few hours as a demo for 4500 rand (about $450) $450 for a second generation i3 2.4GHz, 750 GB hard drive, 4GB RAM, Intel 3000- it's too tempting to resist or its anacer V5 i3 with same specs for $600- what do you think ? should I take the G6 ? or the V5 i3 ?

I'm now at the too purchase decision and to be honest there are hp shops close to where I live so finding assistance such as technical issues or needing a new battery is much easier. though on the acer I am reluctant to leave the glowing keys. it looks as pretty as an alianware keyboard but am I willing to pay an extra$150 and sacrifice the easy support and convince of being able to walk into an hp shop and find any replacement part my heart desires for it ? OH THE PAIN OF CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!Oh and I discovered that Samsung laptops are amazing with their anti aging battery technology and solid build quality, I dug my finger into the back of the LCD on their bottom range laptop and didn't see a signal distortion in the display as for all other laptops I tested,you could see distortions very easy. and then we have the anti reflective mat display that comes standard on all Samsung laptops and like hp they have official shops everywhere....I SAY AGAIN....OH THE PAIN OF CHOICE!!!!!

heres what the glowing keys look like:
    S7_keys_L.jpg
    any help on deciding will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by KTW; 08-03-2013 at 03:12 PM.

KTW
    took the plunge...got a brand new hp pavilion G6 2210si 3rd gen i3 2.4GHz

thanks for the help Chokem
    RogerG and chokem like this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Congrats. May you two be happy together.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Good deal, congrats.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red