I have an 8700c and am using Windows XP with Outlook 2002. Currently I am ... Microsoft Windows forum

picturegirl no está en línea Stack level 1

8700c Redirector Password & Outlook

Advertisement

I have an 8700c and am using Windows XP with Outlook 2002. Currently I am not on any type of Server or Exhange system. I simply use the Desktop Redirector to forward all e-mails from my Outlook Inbox to my blackberry.

Currently when I re-start my computer, I am prompted by the Desktop Manager for my Outlook password. When I enter the password, everything runs smoothly. But when I close Outlook and re-open it, it opens automatically without prompting me for a password.

Is there a way to have Outlook prompt for a password while using the Desktop Redirector? When I leave my office for the day and close Outlook, I don't want anybody to be able to just open Outlook and read my e-mail. But I also want to continue to receive e-mail on my BB while I am gone for the day and Outlook is closed.

Help!

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: 8700c Redirector Password & Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by picturegirl
    I have an 8700c and am using Windows XP with Outlook 2002. Currently I am not on any type of Server or Exhange system. I simply use the Desktop Redirector to forward all e-mails from my Outlook Inbox to my blackberry.

Currently when I re-start my computer, I am prompted by the Desktop Manager for my Outlook password. When I enter the password, everything runs smoothly. But when I close Outlook and re-open it, it opens automatically without prompting me for a password.

Is there a way to have Outlook prompt for a password while using the Desktop Redirector? When I leave my office for the day and close Outlook, I don't want anybody to be able to just open Outlook and read my e-mail. But I also want to continue to receive e-mail on my BB while I am gone for the day and Outlook is closed.

Help!
    The outlook service is still running in the background due to the redirector, so it maintains your login information including your password. What I would suggest it passwording your screensaver or do a CTRL-ALT-DEL on your PC and chose the LOCK COMPUTER button. Hope this helps
    Michael