Hey everyone, i am trying to connect my T-Mo pearl as a bluetooth modem on ... Microsoft Windows forum

fumanchoo62 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24232cb1

Arrow 8100 as a bluetooth modem on Vista

Advertisement

Hey everyone, i am trying to connect my T-Mo pearl as a bluetooth modem on an HP Vista laptop. I have the desktop manager 4.2.1 sp1 and i CAN connect the phone via bluetooth to desktop manager and also i CAN connect the device as a USB modem if i wanted to but in the brick apartment buildin i live in I'd like to have the phone by the bedroom window so it gets full service lol. when i go into phone and modem options i see standard modem but i do not see Bluetooth modem, if i go into bluetooth settings and change the properties to allow the desktop and network connections it says it needs to find the drivers and if i allow it to search automatically it does not find them. What im hoping is that someone out there is more experienced and could point me in the direction of the bluetooth drivers or if im missing steps or doing it the wrong way!!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 8100 as a bluetooth modem on Vista

Did you have any luck with this yet?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Rochenback no está en línea Stack level 2

same wit me i was contecting to my bluetooth headset and it found My Computer, i dont know what it does.

mersel27 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204bdf18

hey i just connected my pearl to my laptop lat d620 w/win xp sp2, but these setting should work also for vista. Just like you connected your pearl to pc w/usb cable the same settings are used when connecting via bluetooth. In control panel under phone/modem click modem tab (i don't how it looks on vista) you will see an icon for standard modem over bluetooth link. Highlight that icon then click properties and input same settings as you did for your usb connection. Then use the network wizard to create a new network using only the icon for standard modem over bluetooth and also here use other same settings as you did for usb. All of the above should be done after you configured your desktop manager for BB via bluetooth.

fumanchoo62 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24232cb1

im still having the same issues yes.... i tried that above reply as well and the issue is that with the device connected, under bluetooth settings there is no service for a Dial Up Networking connection, what happens is the phone has 2 other services which are blackberry desktop and blackberry bypass, when i select those services vista looks for drivers through the preconfigured folders, windows update, and than asks for the disc but never finds them so there is no bluetooth modem option under phone and modem options ... i went a step further and downloaded a third party software which forced a bluetooth modem option under phone and modem options but when i query the modem is does not respond because the computer does not recognize the device as capable because the service is not activated ... i have no idea where else to go .... HELP !!! lol

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

You cannot use the BB as a Bluetooth Modem out of the box. It is not supported by RIM.

I have heard some rumblings about third party software making that bluetooth profile available to the PC, but have I have no knowledge of how to work it.

I also have the unknown devices on my Vista machines.
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

bill-lindley no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Crewdawg257
    You cannot use the BB as a Bluetooth Modem out of the box. It is not supported by RIM.

I have heard some rumblings about third party software making that bluetooth profile available to the PC, but have I have no knowledge of how to work it.

I also have the unknown devices on my Vista machines.
    That's funny, I've been using my Pearl with my MAC as a BT modem with no problem. I just got a Windows Vista laptop for work and am trying to connect it as a modem now. I'll post again if I get it. If anyone else figures it out PM me Please. It's been 3 years since I've owned a PC and have forgotten so much. I Love my Powerbook, but Vista seems to be working pretty good for me so far.

Keep me posted with any progress team.

Thanks

GaryD no está en línea Stack level 2

CORRECTION: RIM does Support bluetooth Modem "Out of the Box" and no 3rd party software required. It doesn't always work though - depends on your Bluetooth driver. See RIMs site: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/ - - and type in "Bluetooth Modem" no quotes. Its the first Document (Doc ID KB12544) titled "How to set up dial-up networking using bluetooth technology." When you look at this document - the problems that mosts of us are having is under "TASK #4 - Configure Dial-up Networking." The line items of #2 and #15 do not exist and that is why some of us cannot get it to complete the installation. I've gone so far as totally unloading my Dell Wireless 360 Bluetooth Module driver and all of its software and tried to load the "Generic Bluetooth Driver" but it didn't take but went to the internet and reloaded the Dell driver. I might try it again another way. Everything is up to date with the latest RIM Desktop Software, 8100 firmware, and bluetooth driver. Anyway - many folks do get it to work out of the box! I've got tickets open with T-Mobile, Dell, and RIM. Spent 5 hours on the phone so far in the last week. RIM is supposedly going to take a DELL D830 and try to recreate the situation in their lab. Hopefully they will follow up as promised or someone else can help us with this.

I'm having the same EXACT problems listed by FUMANCHOO62. Mine is with the use of the Dell Latitude D830, Vista Business, with the Dell Bluetooth.
    Last edited by GaryD; 11-03-2007 at 07:29 PM.

I have successfully configured my BB8800 as a bluetooth modem. The problem lies in that the Microsoft bluetooth stack does not support DUN feature. The Toshiba stack found in many Dell's does not work as RIM designed their software around the Microsoft stack.

The solution I found was hacking the WIDCOMM stack into Vista with my Dell Truemobile 350.

Let me dig up the solutions so I can post them here.
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

The problem is with the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack and in Vista the bluetooth stack is somehwat crippled. Using the website below solved my Vista woes and allowed me to use the WIDCOMM stack.

This will fix the Bluetooth Stack
    http://www.dev-toast.com/2007/01/05/...h-in-vista-rtm

Setup the Bluetooth Connection
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/blue...explained.html
    Last edited by Crewdawg257; 11-03-2007 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Clarity
    --
    - Unknown

clim28 no está en línea Stack level 1

I got my BB 8100 to work via BT with my Vaio which is running Vista Business. However after it dials out verifies user id and password (I have T-Mobile as provider on my BB 8100), I get Error 76. The BT pairing automatically set up a 33600 modem on default port 40. What do I need to do to get it working?

GaryD no está en línea Stack level 2

FOUND SOLUTION "I THINK!" - I struggled with this for quite some time myself and went so far as to totally remove the Dell Latitude driver as mentioned in a previous post above and installed the WIDCOMM stack successfully. Only problem is that I still could not connect via bluetooth modem via WIDCOMM and also could not sync anymore. So here is the hopeful fix! I've been working with RIM directly to try to find the fix and sent them a ton of information and configuration data. I just received an email from RIM after 3-weeks of back and forth communications. RIM states that the fix will be in the next Pearl software update. They did not give me an ETA. Also kudos to Crewdawg257 for helping me with some of the alternatives which I'm sure has worked for some folks out there.