hey guys, i have a verizon blackberry 7250 i bought off ebay to play with, ... Microsoft Windows forum

magicash no está en línea Stack level 1

7250 question

Advertisement

hey guys, i have a verizon blackberry 7250 i bought off ebay to play with, (no its not activated)...i just wanted to play with it, anyhow, i got a usb cable for it after i nuked it the first time..(like i said, just playing with it), i got the OS reinstalled and everything, but for some reason it wont stay connected to my laptop. not even sure how i got it to work that first time, ive nuked it twice since, and repaired it, but now as soon as the OS gets on the blackberry, it starts disconnecting again. i have the desktop software 4.3 straight from RIM. i plug in the blackberry, i get the "do do" from XP that says something is connected, (the first time, it said "found new blackberry smartphone, installing software), then the charging indicator (lightning) shows up on the blackberry for like 2 seconds, then the laptop gives the disconnected USB device sound, the blackberry stops charging, and then this repeats. using javaloader, i can get small apps on there in that second that the lightning is on the phone, so i know it is actually connected, but im wondering why it wont stay connected, ive reinstalled all the software several times and still cant get it to work. if i remember right, to get it to stay connected, i had the phone plugged into my laptop, rebooted the laptop, and never unhooked the USB cable, that worked once...i dunno what happened now, any help would be appreciated

(oh and i nuked it by putting javavm games on there with javaloader from a site that was actually recommended on one of the forums)

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 7250 question

I'd uninstall Desktop Manager 4.3 (it's a hog and loads almost 300 Megs of software you can't use anyway!), and install Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2 WITHOUT Media Manager.
    JerryD

haha, yea, ill give it a try, ill let you guys know how it works
    Last edited by magicash; 01-11-2008 at 07:42 PM.

ok so....my blackberry had a 507 error on the screen after trying to install a tetris midlet

1. i uninstalled BB Desktop 4.3
    2. installed 4.2 sp2 w/o media manager
    3. tried installing OS software, no go, got a error J:0x0000005 (or something really similar) which im guessing means "why'd you disconnect in the middle of updating?"
    4. rebooted w/ BB connected
    5. still wouldn't stay connected (constant connect/disconnect)
    6. rebooted again
    7. yelled a few times...
    8. javaloader -u wipe (in the second it does stay connected, gotta time it just right)
    9. waited until my computer finally noticed that something was actually connected (i assume the second wipe completely reset the blackberry and was booting its "no os" error system, took 10 mins tho)
    10. tried yet again, this time apploader caught the blackberry, it stopped disconnected and voila, it got everything installed
    11. but of course, now that an actual OS is on the blackberry, it still wont stay connected, but at least the BB is working now, any tips on fixing the connectivity would help tho, its doing the same thing on my laptop, and my mom's desktop machine (both xp). im going to assume is a driver issue with RIMusb.sys, bacause i didn't install the desktop software on my mom's pc...

alrighty, i have no idea whats going on with it now lol, it wont even stay connected to my vista laptop, with drivers straight from MS update...
    perhaps the blackberry is kicking off the usb connection as soon as its connected. which is very odd, since it does it without an OS as well

I checked the BB logs (alt + lglg) and it gives:

a net.rim.usb.pwd CbDn
    a net.rim.usb.pwd CbCn
    a net.rim.usb.pwd CbDn
    a net.rim.usb.pwd CbCn
    a net.rim.usb.pwd Enum
    a net.rim.usb.pwd CbDc

and im guessing
    CbDn = Cable Disconnect
    CbCn = Cable Connect
    Enum = Enumerate

(thats every just one time it connected, its always the same, but theres serveral entries exactly the same)

lbjgh no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had to go into phone/modem in the control panel (advanced section) and remove the
    MicrosoftHID interface (or something like that) before I could start the application loader wizard.
    Attached Images Attached Images

just tried that, restarted, still no luck : /