Isn't Etisalat ripping us off at Dh. 185 local service and Dhm. 285 for roaming ... Africa/Middle East Stackers forum

scoundrel no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242100A9

Thumbs up Allo Allo, BB 8800 user in Dubai.

Advertisement

Isn't Etisalat ripping us off at Dh. 185 local service and Dhm. 285 for roaming per month.

Also, have you seen the price for the Pearl at Dhm. 2200??????

This is highway robbery or politically correct "MONOPOLY"

Who says Dubai is a cheap place to live !!!!!!

vlestat123 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2046F9FD

Re: Allo Allo, BB 8800 user in Dubai.

well the prices of the devices are high you are right and i said that to my managment they replied me back that if they dont like the price let them get the device from outside.

about the monthly rental imagen how much you would pay if you use the same usage on normal GPRS service.
    secondly how much it would cost if you travel and use your GPRS service (not blackberry)????
    third thing this price is flate as we would give unlimited GPRS usage.

trust me its about less than quarter what you would pay if your using the normal GPRS prices and if you need a number comparision then i would support you with that.

secondly i checked the price for the Blackberry in Canada (cause im canadian) with rogers its 649.99 Canadian dollars if you will take the one year plan (im talking about 8800)
    which means there is a difference in the price aproximatly 1000 Dhs
    http://www.shoprogers.com/store/wire...800R&summary=1

that shows how much they are stealing

finally i would like to say that you have a point about the devices price but the service price its fare.

regards my friend

Sher no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240BDE41

Re: Allo Allo, BB 8800 user in Dubai.

hey, i am pretty content with the price plans etisalat is offering. unlimited data usage @ 185 is fair enough. if you checkout the plans in US and Uk i dont think we are overcharged, similar pricing infact.

yes, definately the prices by etisalat for the handsets are steep. I got my unlocked Curve from the US and am in love with it.