Hello I am new at the forum, my name is Gustavo... I am from Mexico ... Latin America Stackers forum

gmeillon no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello and three questions

Advertisement

Hello I am new at the forum, my name is Gustavo... I am from Mexico City, and just started using a Pearl, I am very happy with my blackberry but have three very important questions, first the business related:

Are there any applications I can use to download attachements to my memory card, I don't need the attachement viewers that charge 199 dls a year I just need a way to download the attachment to my memory card and then I will transfer it to my laptop.

Second, the academic one:
    As a hobby I am a college lecturer, and I have all my classes in powerpoint I read there is a device to present via Bluetooth and a small box connected to the projector called the showmate, does anyone knows if it is as good as they say. I am tired of carrying my laptop for my very early morning class.

Third, the guilty pleasure:
    I will love to use the pearl as a GPS in Mexico city, does anyone know if there is a Mexico City map to use with the pearl and a Bluetooth GPS.

Thanks for your help!!!!

G Meillon

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Hello and three questions

hi gustavo...welcome to the stacks

i can at least answer your first question, you can 'transfer' files to your media card using the usb cable. just enable mass storage mode (from the options menu) and use the bb as a portable flash drive. the only way you will have access to those files are thru PC. you won't be able to access them otherwise. you can only save MEDIA to that card to be viewed on teh bb.

gmeillon no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks cherrichondo, but what I need to do, is to be able to download the attachement received by BlackBerry Mail and store it in the BB media card, and then transfer it to the pc via USB, I am able to download pictures and music, but when I receive a xls, doc, ppt or pdf file I can't save them in my media card.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Files(other than media) stored directly to memory card is not a current option. Hopefully it will someday soon.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)