Hello all; I am new to BB, and got the Pearl. It is great when ... Latin America Stackers forum

coldblood75 no está en línea Stack level 1

Email question

Advertisement

Hello all; I am new to BB, and got the Pearl. It is great when I am out of the office, but when I am in the office I keep receiving emails in my laptop and in the BB. Is there a way to switch off the email function so that it stops receiving emails when I am at the office, but can later turn it on when I am out of the office? How do you solve this problem? I am sure I am not the only one experiencing it.

Thanks in advance.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Email question

Welcome to the Stacks Coldblood75. Open your Messages folder and then click to trackball to get the menu/Email Settings/then set "send email to handheld" to "No" and save. Remember to switch back when you leave the office. Let us know if this works for you.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

coldblood75 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for your replies, I am new to BB, but handle technology well, my phone does not seem to have that option, I tried what you wrote above, but there is no such option. I am thinking the company just removed that option to keep charging the data tranfer. Thanks for your help.

padriver no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having this exact issue as well. I do not want to sync/receive all the emails to my BB during the day while I'm at the computer, only when away from the office. I also do not see the menu options mentioned above. This is a deal breaker if I can't get this turned off. Thanks.