Philippines -- The Blackberry services of Philippine wireless operator Smart Communications suffered another hiccup on ... Asia-Pacific Stackers forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Smart Blackberry service suffers hiccup

Advertisement

Philippines -- The Blackberry services of Philippine wireless operator Smart Communications suffered another hiccup on Wednesday, an official spokesperson confirmed. “There was a problem but it has been restored,” Ramon Isberto, head of Smart’s public affairs, said in a telephone interview.

He said that details about the cause of problem with its Blackberry services were not yet known as of this writing.

“We’re still finding out,” he said, as he stressed that the service was restored late Wednesday afternoon.

Blackberry users have been experiencing problems accessing the service, as the network was not properly connecting to the faster mobile networks available, namely General Packet Radio Service or GPRS or even on the EDGE or the Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution.

A customer advisory was also sent to some corporate customers, INQUIRER.net has learned.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Sounds like the same issue the are having w/ the new Bold.

null no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2542fb65
    Its not very new to me. My company previously cater the Blackberry support both Helpdesks and Field engineers up to this present time exclusively for Smart. As there former Sr. field engineer, smart does not actually provide answers in timely manners. They always put us in front of the client instead of them explaining the current issue. I'm not against Smart but this is how they work.

I bet, the email notification has been sent very late. I'm wondering.

thymaster no está en línea Stack level 3
    Smart is not representing RIM very well.