Hey to all you BB's out there. Just got a Pearl. I know it's not ... Asia-Pacific Stackers forum

BBPearl8100User no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up New User From Perth

Advertisement

Hey to all you BB's out there. Just got a Pearl. I know it's not the latest, but it's still a great piece of kit, and as a business man, I don't know how I went without for so long.

G4Geefer no está en línea Stack level 1

Charging probs from PC

Hi from Sydney!
    Also just bought a Pearl from Ebay and am having trouble trying to charge from PC with supplied USB cable. Desktop manager is loaded but gives me error that USB port is not powered or incorrect driver is installed. Do you have any similar probs?

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Re: New User From Perth

Welcome to stacks 8100pearluser! Sorry mate, the username is a little long for me! : ) Welcome aboard all the same!
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

carsten1610 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2051774C

Re: Charging probs from PC

Quote Originally Posted by G4Geefer
    Hi from Sydney!
    Also just bought a Pearl from Ebay and am having trouble trying to charge from PC with supplied USB cable. Desktop manager is loaded but gives me error that USB port is not powered or incorrect driver is installed. Do you have any similar probs?
    In my experience, some laptops (particularly cheaper and/or older ones) do not supply sufficient power to their USB ports. The laptop I have at work now allows communication when using about half the USB ports - but the others tell me there is insufficient power.

carsten

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

Re: New User From Perth

Welcome.From tomski in Uk. Say hello to Helene my cousin in the paint dept in Bunnings.She's worked there for nearly 30 years. She loves my BB but's frightened of getting one.

j79guy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2510D5A1

Re: Charging probs from PC

Quote Originally Posted by G4Geefer
    Hi from Sydney!
    I get the same message when I plug my BB into my (new) PC, however I've found that even though it says it won't charge, it still does - although it's slower than the power cord I was supplied with.

Cheers,

John (from Canberra)