Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hey hey, BB user here (8707G) also on Globe network. Well am glad to see ... Asia-Pacific Stackers forum

p3rsmag no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: New BB user from Manila, Philippines

Advertisement

Hey hey,
    BB user here (8707G) also on Globe network. Well am glad to see other pinoys here (and abroad) on BB. Haay all my contacts so far are friends from the US.

So add me up my PIN is 2507c473

By the way any of you got your respective billing? If you are receiving 10 emails a day, online at YM for almost 6 hours on standby, how much was your gprs charges? I just got mine activated kasi

ickafry no está en línea Stack level 1

hello! im a current BB 8100 user but i dont know how to subscribe in this internet Pin- thingy. I am a globe prepaid subscriber..pls help me to know the first step..thanks!

p3rsmag no está en línea Stack level 1

hi ickafry am afraid you can't have your BIS activated if you are on prepaid

bangus236 no está en línea Stack level 3

p3rsmag: i have my YM signed on always (i dont log out), and i get between 5-50 emails a day (emails as well as pin messages), gmail stays logged on as well, sometimes i use the blackberry browser, i also use bbmessenger. last month's bill (based on inquiry sa 2312) was 1333.41 (blackbery charges=594.11). for this month, my running unbilled charges is 1318.74 (blackbery charges=773.23) (cut-off date is 15th every month). im on globe 1800 plan. its a company phone so i dont actually get to see my bill, i just monitor thru 2312. i subscribe to unlitxt and i only use globe for calls to co-wokers on business-loop. tipid no?

maximax no está en línea Stack level 2

Hey welcome! I have never been to manila, but i hear its a beautiful place

oliver921 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    246304C6

Hi BB user in the phil as well.....8707g

jho51e no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by bangus236
    rtistic you need to go to a globe center and get a blackberry plan.
    you cant directly tansfer anything from your bb to pc or vice versa
    Just wondering, I live here in Sydney and I am a Filipino.

When I go back for a visit, would it be better for me to roam with my Vodafone AU Pearl or use my local sim? I already have a Smart & Globe prepaid sim which are both roaming here in Sydney. Can I use them or not because they are prepaid?

cheers!

jho51e: if you can use smart/globe sims on your phone, i think it would be cheaper if you use your local prepaid sims, just advise your australian contacts to call/sms you at your globe/smart numbers while you are here. otherwise, you're stuck to using your vodafone sim.
    if your pearl accepts other network sims, you can use the prepaid sims for text/calls but not data.

Quote Originally Posted by bangus236
    jho51e: if you can use smart/globe sims on your phone, i think it would be cheaper if you use your local prepaid sims, just advise your australian contacts to call/sms you at your globe/smart numbers while you are here. otherwise, you're stuck to using your vodafone sim.
    if your pearl accepts other network sims, you can use the prepaid sims for text/calls but not data.
    Thanks for replying!

My Pearl is unlocked so I will be able to use my prepaid sims. But you mentioned this will only be for talk & text. If I wanted data as well, I will not be able to use my prepaid sim?

oliver921 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    246304C6

Just an update, i already shifted from the 8707g to the 8800.......My PIN is in my profile...... i would be very happy to get PINed by any of my fellow filipinos who uses BB......BIS subscriber w/globe as well.....

jho51e: can you use a vodafone prepaid for data?

bangus: I dont think you can use VF prepaid for data.. I changed one of my VF prepaid to a Mobile Email On Account plan.. VF separates Data and Mobile Email (BB service).. Dont need to have a data plan to use a BB but you will need to have a Mobile Email plan..

But you can roam with VF prepaid.. just need to give them a call to set it up before leaving..

Reading the posts, I guess I can't use my Smart or Globe prepaid sims for BIS.. :-( I will just need to roam my VF..

jho51e: so you can get email even on prepaid sims? that's nice! have a nice trip! mabuhay!

Woops sorry i just checked and no i can't get email on prepaid.. :-( Only talk n txt n GPRS.. I will need to change it to an On Account plan to get emails.. :-(

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Quote Originally Posted by jho51e
    Woops sorry i just checked and no i can't get email on prepaid.. :-( Only talk n txt n GPRS.. I will need to change it to an On Account plan to get emails.. :-(
    Hello Jho! I think Globe can provide a data plan. By the way, how long would you be staying?
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast