Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

yes thats right smart wll not provision your BB. yes sure you can roam with ... Asia-Pacific Stackers forum

chopperhead no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Advertisement

yes thats right smart wll not provision your BB. yes sure you can roam with your US plan but if you planning to use a local network think the only option is to have your unit opened by locals for a fee (maybe 750 - 1500 pesos in alabang; greenhills is more expensive); but again this s not advisable coz your just on vacation. your best option is just get a chead phone unit with local SIM card whle you're around. welcome to the philippines

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3

kumusta ickafry :)

Quote Originally Posted by ickafry View Post
    hi im also have my new pearl..can u please teach me how to maximize the features of my phone. Im subscribe to globe's prepaid only. can u please help me with this one? im a new BB user and i want to learn more..tnks!
    I have a pearl too. I'm from Davao. it's true what they say, unless you have BIS, then your BlackBerry device will just be like any other phone. I don't have BIS too, i'm on SunCellular prepaid. but it's alright. I recommend you check the PS forum and the free apps. You can also go to other websites. Here's what I did with my pearl:\

I downloaded (when i was on smart prepaid) maxmem. maxmem can delete apps that are native to your phone. I deleted the voice activated dialing, password protection, the wallpapers and the promotional video of t-mobile(my phone is from t-mobile). this gave me a lot more space where i could put:

themes for 8100
    and other apps i won from contests here and there

I also suggest you get an sd card. I have a 2 gig card. quite small but it's alright

I have mp3's, videos, ebooks and pictures as well

There's so much you can put in your device even if you're not on BIS yet. Check the following:

aerize, peekawho, or berrypopup for sms notification

berrybuzz, phoneface, to start with

There's a lot of free stuff out there and here in Pinstack.

Enjoy your device and take care!

Ayo ayo sa tanan.

Kalinaw para sa Pilipinas

shiaolien no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    26270B02

Smile

you can PIN msg me using 26270B02.

none of the networks offer unlimited plans at the moment. with hope, they would. for now, you can just use a non-consumable per-kilobyte charging, or a fixed fee with some free MBs and email/IM transactions before the actual per-kilobyte charging starts.

try either Globe Telecom's or Smart's websites for more info.

cheers.

shiaolien no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    26270B02
    I've also just created a Facebook group specifically for BB users from the Philippines. Just search "Berry Gud" in the Facebook search box, and request to be added.

I'm hoping we could have some form of a support group/club for BB users there.

sylar no está en línea Stack level 1

New Blackberry User

Hi to all,

I just bought a Blackberry Curve 8900 last sunday it is unlock the phone was originally from T-mobile

Manage email settings is missing and I can't use the IM's it says service is not active on the hadheld
    I really new with Blackberry and settings. Hope you can help me.

Sylar

paulescobar no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    212067E4
    New user here: 212067E4 =)

mastermason11 no está en línea Stack level 1
    If you are using the latest version of BBM, scan the group barcode below to join. It's the PINOY Unite !!! BBM Group... for filipinos around the globe...

Last edited by mastermason11; 12-24-2009 at 03:34 AM.

doggoneson no está en línea Stack level 1

BB 9700 Bold

I'm from the Philippines. I just bought my BB Bold 9700 without knowing that you need to subscribe to BB for data in order to use the email and browse the net. This is on top of my Globe subscription. Is there a way one can use the email without subscribing to BB? Please give me suggestions or enlighten me on this. I am actually new on BB.

What is PIN? How can I get or where can I find it?
    What is BIS?

Sorry that these questions sound basic and elementary.

Pasensya na po, kabayan.

jho51e no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN: mahahanap mo under Options-Status.. Its like ur BB's unique ID..

BIS: Blackberry Internet Service.. U need this to be able to use push email which is the strength of the BB.. Without it u can still use ur BB for email using third party apps like Gmail..

Extra pa pala ang BB service fr the regular globe subscription.. I will be going home this Dec and will be trying to use my BB via prepaid Globe.. Hope it works coz it would be so much cheaper compared to if I roamed my Australian sim..

blacknight0180 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2445561A
    Filipino BB users Unite!!!
    -=BlacKnight=-

jho51e no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join the new board for all pinoy ? users around the world!
    http://bbworldph.com/board/index.php

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123