Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I know BlackBerry devices are used in Philippines, so I'm looking for residents there to ... Asia-Pacific Stackers forum

MirandaSoft no está en línea Stack level 2

Any BlackBerry Users in Philippines?

Advertisement

I know BlackBerry devices are used in Philippines, so I'm looking for residents there to PIN me. I plan to be back in Philippines (Manila) in June.

Thanks!
    Marcos

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Any BlackBerry Users in Philippines?

Not much... yet.

Here's one: http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfo...mber.php?u=646

You can use the "Find Stackers" link above as more join.

Spread the word and welcome from that beautiful country!

JPIndustrie no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

Quick question, po.

My mom is planning to take me with her to the philippines on vacation. I just switched to cingular from nextel with an 8700. How would I go about using my blackberry in the philippines? Which sim cards work and what service would I use?

Salamat, po.

I am already in communications with Smart Communications in Philippines. According to them, they will not provision a BlackBerry unless you buy one from them. I am making plans to be in Philippines for my 7th visit in June.

Marcos
    MirandaSoft! International http://www.MirandaSoft.net
    Owner of Treo 600 (T-Mobile)

knights no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by MirandaSoft
    I am already in communications with Smart Communications in Philippines. According to them, they will not provision a BlackBerry unless you buy one from them. I am making plans to be in Philippines for my 7th visit in June.

Marcos
    Hi marcos,

i noticed that you're also a treo 600 owner. you can buy prepaid card (i recommend Smart telco) and set-up your pop3 or imap account. if you need the settings in versamail or snappermail, check out with local Mapalad users (which i suppose you're member). i can email you the account setting if you send me your pin or email address.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

Go to www.gsmworld.com and check the roaming agreement area of the site. Select the Philippines and there should be a lits of carriers and aslo who each carrir has roaming agreements with. That's a good place to start. I think cingular has data roaming in those countries so you can send/get email at roaming rate. Voice calls will be expensive unless you buy a prepaid SIM there but you won't be able to use data.

In some places its best to stay connected with data only depending on your budget.

Have a great trip!

I am establishing communication with Smart in Philippines... In fact, I have sent E-Mail to Globe and Smart, asking how many BlackBerry subscribers they have, seperating BIS and BES users, for the basis of the possibility that I may be producing software for them (Globe and Smart) to distribute.

If I develop software, I will be making BlackBerry software in the Tagalog language, and may have the requirement that the Spanish language be installed on the BlackBerry devices.
    MirandaSoft! International http://www.MirandaSoft.net
    Owner of Treo 600 (T-Mobile)

daxcap no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2034626B

Hey! I'm from the Philippines and I'm a blackberry user.

Although I must admit I don't really see much users around. Non that are active in these formums at the least.
    Dax
    2034626B

xdh606 no está en línea Stack level 1

jUst got one ...BB Pearl! color White

guynextdoor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    215AC9BE

I'm from the Phils, now living in the states, and from what I have seen in the last couple of years since I've been back there for vacation, there are alot of people that are really into Nokias or Sony Ericssons camera phones. Now the blackberry is of course different by structure, but the vast majority of cell phone users are more users of the above mentioned brands.

I was on a website (globe.com.ph) and the user has to have a datasim card. However, I was informed that they charge (going into the internet) per usage. I am with T-mobile here in the states, and I had to get a add-on data plan on top of my calling plan. However, the data plan is unlimited a month. If you would want to get that extra feature, It's good to make sure that your company will include that with the blackberry or that you can afford it on your own. At least if you want to send someone a PIN mess..you need to get a data plan..

Mark

Pin (2027A467) or (201FA73B)
    Last edited by guynextdoor; 04-16-2007 at 11:00 AM.

nikosia no está en línea Stack level 3

well I'm still not sure based upon the comments here whether or not one can get an unlimited data plan for use on a blackberry device in the philippines?

if not, any suggestions on the closest type arrangement. I do know that some areas in Manila are all wifi which would be useful if there were wifi devices available in the philippines?

aprilryan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me

hi!

no unlimited data plan that i know of. the arrangement is flat fee plus P0.15/kb downloaded.

the philippines is a haven for the latest cel phones, so no problem about finding a wifi device. the 02 xdas, nokias, sony erricsons all have models with wifi. and most are available here.

cava123 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    250365FD

Im From philippines, got the 7130G series, PIN me : 250365FD

guynextdoor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    215AC9BE

I just updated my BB to the 8700g. I also updated the os to the new 4.2...This phone is so different now than it was before.

I also have a new pin #. Just click on my profile. I hope to hear from my "country men" over there.

Mark

Arel no está en línea Stack level 1

Arel here. Just got the 8800, my first BlackBerry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast