Hi all, i'm Kul from the UK. I have just taken delivery of my my ... European Stackers forum

kul3x no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204EA0F1

Unable to see sender of SMS Please help!!

Advertisement

Hi all, i'm Kul from the UK. I have just taken delivery of my my 8100 Pearl. I was using a 8700g with no problems. However, i have sync'd my new device with Outlook and my numbers, etc have come over fine. The problem is that when a frien sends me a SMS text, the pearl fails to display their name and only their number so i dont know who its from!

Its getting really frustarting and im thinking of going back to my trusty 8700g, someboby stop me!!

Please help.

Thanks

kul3x no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204EA0F1

Re: Unable to see sender of SMS Please help!!

just an update. i amended my friends number from 07970 .... to +447970 ..... and it now shows his name. Surely i dont have to go through all of contact and do this????

Oh and this means when my friends call, the name doesnt show as its now stored as +440797.. as opposed to 07970.....
    Last edited by kul3x; 06-02-2007 at 08:30 AM.

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Unable to see sender of SMS Please help!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~press green (call button) - press menu and go to 'options' and then smart dialling - and where it says country code, choose +44 off the list!!! Problem solved