Hiya, Just bought a used 7230 from ebay for my wife. She's had one for ... European Stackers forum

kcorey no está en línea Stack level 1

Question UK BB newbie

Advertisement

Hiya,

Just bought a used 7230 from ebay for my wife. She's had one for a while with her last several companies, and is now starting a job search. She's like to have her BB still.

So, I've subscribed to the O2 simplicity plan here in the UK. Can anyone tell me if that will provide what she needs to access the outside world? (a plan with data access. Anything else specific needed?) I should be getting the SIM card in a few days.

Also, can the 7230 do POP3 email? She'd like her yahoo email to be shown on her blackberry.

She's not a techie, and I'm incredibly new to blackberries, and so don't know the ropes ( though I do have years of experience with the inet and other PDAs ).

Any tips? Suggestions where I should start?

Thanks for any input!

-Ken

wahtx no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: UK BB newbie

Hi Kcorey according to this (http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...9.html?tag=sub) the 7230 does support POP3 email. My device is associated with a BES so I am not sure how to set up with POP. Hoefully someone else could post that one.

Other than that I would think if you have a data plan sized large enough to handle the misses day to day data needs you should be set.
    WAHTX

“If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1000 MPG!"

~Bill Gates~

ciderguru no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20D2619C

Cant understand chosing such an old phone, but hey.

From what I understand that O2 package is for data only, Im assuming you have no BIS attached to that.

Depending on what "outside world" means, on vodafone UK for Ł5/month I have BIS and have yet to pay for any data useage

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3

Your wife can get the Ł10 Blackberry Bolt on ( BIS).

I have this with a simplicity sim.

Smile Re: UK BB newbie

I just bought the 7230 as a cheap phone until my wife gets her next job, where she'll likely be given another (much newer) blackberry.

This one is simply a stop gap, so I reasoned that I wouldn't need the newer features, as long as it would allow for basic email handling.

What's a "BlackBerry Bolt"? I haven't heard of that name before.

Thanks for all the responses, guys!

-Ken

Thumbs down Re: UK BB newbie

Oh, another thing...I'm trying to install applications using the Application Loader, but am not having any luck. Everything I attempt to install is unable to be installed because of an invalid signature.

What's that all about? Is it the app itself that's needing a signature, or my installation of a Blackberry Desktop Software?

-Ken

Quote Originally Posted by kcorey View Post
    I j

What's a "BlackBerry Bolt"? I haven't heard of that name before.

-Ken
    If wou are familiar with o2 you will know that they do text message or voice minute bolt ons - the blackberry bolt on is
    A plan that is added to a sim card.
    As far as i am aware this is the only way you can get a
    Internet access on the blackberry.
    TH

As for your downloading problems your may need a newer version of desktop manager also the applications you are trying to install need to be for the operating system version installed in the device.
    To check your version go to options > status or type EACE from home screen (you will not see what you type)