Hi there everyone, I have a few questions for all of you. Am an expat ... European Stackers forum

eleftheriag no está en línea Stack level 1

Problems with my Pearl 8100 and buying a new phone from the us

Hi there everyone,
    I have a few questions for all of you.
    Am an expat from the states and now live in greece.
    Bought my BB Pearl 8100 from vodafone gr and have had it for over one year now.
    In the last 2-3 days it has started to really act up.
    It turns off, turn on, gives me the white screen and I keep seeing the the little timer icon no matter what button I push. Do you think its the battery ?? Is anyone else having the same problems after a year or bb use. And I DO MEAN LOTS OF USE. (twitter, facebook, myspace, email, photos. music)
    I will be going to the us to visit my folks in one month and would like to buy a phone from there to use in europe.
    I have read different things about unlocking and gsm and am a tad confused about it.
    Can anyone offer some advice ? Do I just buy the phone and unlock it ?
    Eleftheria in greece

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    It's difficult to tell what may be wrong with your Pearl but it may be an issue that you should let your carrier or a repair shop analyze for you.

Also, can you check with your carrier about getting a new phone to replace this one if it's defective and, at the same time, discuss the possibility of unlocking the phone with them OR rates for international usage while you're in the US.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com