Hi All, I hope someone can help. I was wiping my heldheld [8700v], and it ... European Stackers forum

tony71 no está en línea Stack level 1

Battery removed during Handheld Wipe [catastrophe!]

Advertisement

Hi All, I hope someone can help.
    I was wiping my heldheld [8700v], and it was taking a long time [>20 mins] and so I assumed it was not working properly [of course if i'd read some of the threads on here I would have realized that a wipe can take up to 1-hour!!!]. Anyway I could not gracefully interupt the wipe process, so I removed the battery. That appears to be a BIG mistake, as now the handheld will not restart. When I turn on [even after battery being out for >5mins], the hour-glass just keep turning and tunring, and does not ever load up to menu.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tony.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Battery removed during Handheld Wipe [catastrophe!]

Welcome to the Stacks Tony. Take a look at the JVM 102 Fix Link in my signature. That should run you through the process of getting your BB back up and running. Let us know if you have any questions during the process.

tony71 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Battery removed during Handheld Wipe [catastrophe!]

Thanks Ljbyar! I'm just running through the wipe from JL_commander process now. I followed all the menu options in the red dialogue [DOS-type] box, inserting my haldheld password, 5 to wipe, yes i'm sure, blackberry, etc... Now it is saying "connecting to device ...."
    Is this correct? How long will it sit there doing that for?
    Meanwhile my BB is continuing to show only the hourglass on a blank white screed.
    Am I on the right track ?

THanks again! Tony.