Hey y'all... It's been a while since I've posted anything in these forums... Reason being ... Canadian Stackers forum

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T

Which Provider?

Advertisement

Hey y'all... It's been a while since I've posted anything in these forums... Reason being is that I've recently moved to Ottawa, and haven't had much time for the internet as I've been trying to get my life in order... But now that I'm a bit established - I need to know... Which of the Canadian providers has the best service for Blackberry? I'm currently using an iPhone with Fido - but I hate it. The iPhone. It sucks. I miss my BB. I'm not too sure about switching to the Rogers' network, as they won't have the Storm - but am highly intrigued with Telus... I'm liking the reception I have with Fido, but I want to have all access (3G, reception, etc..)

Soo... Who has the best BB service?

ifillchris no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Well man, I live in Ottawa too.
    And to answer you question, I've had BB service on Rogers, Bell and currently on Telus.

I can say that plan wise, you can't be unlimited data(Telus) which does have 3G service. But from what I remember, you can get 3G service on Fido. I would suggest for GSM side, to wait for the BB plans to come out before you consider switching to the WAY better device of the Iphone.

I've also worked for most of the Big 3 so I can say Rogers BB service is good but the data plans are a killer.

PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    Alright.. So who has the best service?

ifillchris no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I'd have to say for Best BB service overall, I'd have to go with telus. Overall better and plus you get unlimited data

texastoker no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    257B19CC
    Go with Telus, I went from Bell to Rogers...the lesser of two evils.

PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    thanks y'all! i will definitely be hitting up Telus once they drop that Storm

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    In all honesty i would tell you to go to Rogers. They have an amazing blackberry lineup; definitely reasonable voice and data plans (ask around about the 45$ combo plan for BBerrys)
    Plus you'll have GSM 3G technology which allows you to switch sim cards whenever you lose your phone or decide to upgrade to a newer one whether its a Rogers phone or an unlocked one from overseas or down south.
    CDMA requires you to buy a carrier locked CDMA phone and that sucks.
    I am with rogers (obviously lol) and i have a blackberry storm coming my way tomorrow
    Again ask about that plan and check out the new curve 8900 you will love it!

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    or down south.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    i thought the storm was cdma only?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Here are the options for the Storm Wireless Network:
    • UMTS/HSPA: 2100 MHz
    • North America: 850 MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    • North America: 1900MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    • Europe/Asia Pacific: 1800MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    • Europe/Asia Pacific: 900MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    • Dual-Band: 800/1900 MHz CDMA/Ev-DO networks

PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    Here are the options for the Storm Wireless Network:
    • UMTS/HSPA: 2100 MHz
    • North America: 850 MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    • North America: 1900MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    • Europe/Asia Pacific: 1800MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    • Europe/Asia Pacific: 900MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    • Dual-Band: 800/1900 MHz CDMA/Ev-DO networks
    Okay.. So, what networks will carry the Storm in GSM?

pagefault no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31D9CCD5
    If you don't care about roaming outside north america then Telus is hands down the best provider simply because they have an unlimited data package. Rogers will rip you off consistantly with their lame prices on data. But at the same time you can globally roam on them and they usually get the new BlackBerries before anyone else. So it's whatever you are in to.

PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    Quote Originally Posted by pagefault View Post
    If you don't care about roaming outside north america then Telus is hands down the best provider simply because they have an unlimited data package. Rogers will rip you off consistantly with their lame prices on data. But at the same time you can globally roam on them and they usually get the new BlackBerries before anyone else. So it's whatever you are in to.
    Thank you.

I've decided to go for the Telus. I just can't wait any longer! I've gone ahead and placed the order with Telus a few days ago and so now I'm just sitting on my hands. The anticipation is killing me! I've been using this bloody iPhone for far too long and am craving some real functionality - not just suave.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I am with both Telus and Rogers. They both have their plusses and their minuses.

If you are needing 3G then Rogers is your provider of choice. IF you don't need 3G then it's a shooting match.

Rates wise, all my phones have about the same data and voice packages. With both providers my rates are about the same. The only difference in my rate with Telus is that unlimited means unlimited. None of this 6 gig max transfer. BUT.... I can tether my bb to my laptop on my Rogers plan and it costs no more. On Telus the cost of tethering is phenomenal.

My suggestion for anyone purchasing new phones or searching for data packages is to explorer ALL options and do the math.

The package I have may not even compare value wise to what you can talk them into. Who knows?
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan