My company uses an internet based dispatch system (custom built) where BB's are used by ... Canadian Stackers forum

bb1niagara no está en línea Stack level 1

Instant messenging between a desktop and BB

Advertisement

My company uses an internet based dispatch system (custom built) where BB's are used by truck teams to access their daily job list. At the start of the day, when they log in to the system, we are going to have them indicate - by choosing from a drop down menu which blackberry they have according to the email of the BB.

In the back-end admin section of our software each blackberry will be set up similar to a user where by we'll add other details associated with that BB such as the PIN, phone number and so on....

I am wondering if anyone knows how difficult it would be to configure our web application and send instant messages to the truck team blackberry. Meaning between our desktops and the BB's...

The purpose is to allow for instant communication between our truck teams and dispatch office....

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Instant messenging between a desktop and BB

If you're not with Cingular (), RIM has clients for most standard IM clients (Yahoo, AIM, MSN). There are also other free ones (like Ramble for AIM), and ones you have to pay for (for each unit) - Jive Talk highly recommended!

Also, Google Talk (also from RIM and free) does work with Cingular, and works great. It's not widely used, but that may be a plus in your situation!

If the question is "is there a desktop client for BlackBerry Messenger", the answer is I don't know of any. BBM is exclusively PIN to PIN chatting.
    JerryD

reesemachine no está en línea Stack level 2

If you're on a corp BES and it's for business, the best solution is LCS (Live Communications Server) from (gasp!) Microsoft. Works seamlessly between Desktop PC and the BB.

bb1niagara no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by reesemachine
    If you're on a corp BES and it's for business, the best solution is LCS (Live Communications Server) from (gasp!) Microsoft. Works seamlessly between Desktop PC and the BB.
    Thanks I'll check that out.