Hey all, just got a handmedown black berry pearl 8130 from my brother, however until ... Canadian Stackers forum

batkinson001 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Hey all greetings from Canada.

Advertisement

Hey all, just got a handmedown black berry pearl 8130 from my brother, however until his billing period ends at the end of september, I cant use the pearl with my bell mobility account...

in the meantime I am learning all I can about my soon-to-be phone...

One thing I have come accross is that you can add themes to the pearl but most seem to be OTA (JAD files) which means needing a data plan (which i dont yet have - no point until the phone can be linked to my number anyways)...

is there a way to add themes by USB? I can add apps using the desktop software but not themes (as far as i know)

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Welcome to the forum . You do have the ability to download themes via your computer or laptop also. You need to download the latest version of the blackerry desktop manager to install them to your pearl. If you have more questions feel free to ask
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

batkinson001 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    Welcome to the forum . You do have the ability to download themes via your computer or laptop also. You need to download the latest version of the blackerry desktop manager to install them to your pearl. If you have more questions feel free to ask
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16
    i figured out how to install zipped themes (requiring ALX & COD files)...

lately I have been trying to do the following:

How to Install Jar/Jad Files from your SD Card or Internal Memory
    1. Open the media manager and click the menu button
    2. Then select explore and find the JAR file on your BlackBerry
    3. You then click on the JAR file and you will be shown the installation prompt just like you would if you installed the application OTA

which I found on: http://bbsoftware.weebly.com/howto.html

however I can't get it to work as it keeps saying error 907 COD file invalid or not found.

any workarounds? I have found some nice themes that are JAD only (OTA), however i found a nice one called (zipped too) android here:

http://bbsoftware.weebly.com/pearl5.html

garydasilva no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24b542cc
    pin:24b542cc from Toronto, Canada