I heard Telus is pondering switching their network over the GSM. Anyone on Telus confirm ... Canadian Stackers forum

gbillings no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301603FD

CDMA user unite - Telus looking to convert to GSM?

Advertisement

I heard Telus is pondering switching their network over the GSM. Anyone on Telus confirm / deny this?

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    I haven't heard a thing. Although it seems a bit out there. I couldn't even imagine the logistical nightmare this would create. And what the cost would be....

Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Would be bice though so we wouldn't be limited to North America for coverage, other then sporatic coverage overseas. Could get the World Edition but I love my Curve!
    ~via BB8330 (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    *nice. Not bice!! Damn big thumbs. :-P

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I work for Telus and it is just a false rumor, even heard it's been started by some employee at robbers to justify that their gsm is "better".

Telus only have world edition BB that has GSM and they never considerated switching. They just updated their EVDO to REV A so why would they change?

EDIT: Java, yeah it could be nice, but GSM coverage is really shitty in Quebec so they'd lose more than half their coverage.
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    I heard that telus may be rolling out a newer cdma called wcdma or something of the sort Ruth mind blowing speeds for download and streaming. Improved sound clarity ... SNP can you add anything to a discussion of this sort? Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Yeah sn1p3r, I thought those rumours were false since I prefer the CDMA network and with Telus doing the recent upgrades, why would they overhaul their entire network?
    I hate Robbers and I their customer service sucks. I work for a dealership and you'd see customers from Robbers and Hell walking over to my kiosk right across from them to migrate to Telus. ;-).

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    thechadj: I heard about it too, they're doing some test about it but can't confirm yet since it's too soon. I wouldn't count on that before at least a year, maybe more

javatyger: I used to work for robbers too and made the swtch to Telus 2 years and a half ago, I'm manager of a Telus dealer too, I personnally prefer dealership over corp store since I think their corp store lack training on data units.
    Sn1p3r

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Oh, as much as I like telus, I was kind of hoping they would switch over!!! I am stuck with the robbers and I have it!!!! I would be glad to switch to telus, but the 400 cancellation fee is way too steep!!!! If only telus did some promotions like switch from other providers to us and we pay full or half of cancelation fee! That would be so sweet!!!

Do you guys know if telus does that or did that in the past??
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    they did it a lot couple of years ago, but now we're able to offer a $150 credit on your account if you switch over, which isn't that bad either.
    Sn1p3r

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    They are gonna switch over to LTE peeps i know in DNA have herd werd of it starting in select markets by the end of the year....who know's with telus...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetneo View Post
    They are gonna switch over to LTE peeps i know in DNA have herd werd of it starting in select markets by the end of the year....who know's with telus...
    Haha, had a good laugh, just let me tell you that DNA are always the last to know of anything, most of them don't even know how to change the OS on a BB.

DNA is the data tech part, they don't even know most of the evdo coverage so I'll trust what I hear from them the day they'll prove anything they say.

Telus sure is open to new solution so they mostly tried all the technology available, but they wouldn't have put the time and money to upgrade to REV A if they wanted to change.

If a change is due to happen, it prolly won't be before 2-4 years.
    Sn1p3r

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Quote Originally Posted by sn1p3r View Post
    Haha, had a good laugh, just let me tell you that DNA are always the last to know of anything, most of them don't even know how to change the OS on a BB.

DNA is the data tech part, they don't even know most of the evdo coverage so I'll trust what I hear from them the day they'll prove anything they say.

Telus sure is open to new solution so they mostly tried all the technology available, but they wouldn't have put the time and money to upgrade to REV A if they wanted to change.

If a change is due to happen, it prolly won't be before 2-4 years.

HAHA good laffs....LTE will be out by the end of 2010, Telus is stuck up Vzw's butt its not even funny, and with that being said, and the merger of Alltel, which they have announced there going to use LTE, Telus is gonna go the same way, oh and I don't know if u worked for telus at this point in time but they released a bullitin that said we will be following vzw on the with 4g going to LTE. If ur a manager, u might wanna brush up on this kinda thing...

Cheeers