It's a good thing there's a message size limit/requirement ... I really hate the keyboard ... Western US Stackers forum

rjbtmkc no está en línea Stack level 1

New to PinStack; not so new to BB

Advertisement

It's a good thing there's a message size limit/requirement ... I really hate the keyboard on my laptop ... I'm always hitting the return when I don't want to.

Anyhow, I've had my BB for just over a year and I love it - except for the lack of memory ... I found out from a coworker that RIM added tons of memory to all their new BBs, so now I wait until next Jan to possibly replace my 8830.

BTW - I love all things free for the BB!

Cheers!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Welcome to PinStack. You will find all kinds of great things here as well as ways to possibly help you free up some of your memory. My first question for you has to be since you have had your 8830 for a year would be, Are you running the original 4.2 that came installed or have you upgraded to 4.5? That in itself my help with a little memory.

Since you are Sprint you could go here and easily upgrade if you are comfortable doing so.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 03-20-2009 at 09:44 PM.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Welcome to the Stacks rj, as Cowboy said you can learn volumes about your device here. If you have any questions just ask.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ashdub01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2460d307
    welcome to the Stacks ;D
    **Ashmee**

rjbtmkc no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have upgraded twice both 4.5 XXX, the first was not an official upgrade - I needed to be able to use DocsToGo, the second was the latest official version for Sprint. The second upgrade went much better than the first and helped out the memory. Wiping the device is a must prior to an upgrade ...
    Thanks for the input
    Cheers!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Good deal. Seems like you have it well in hand. Just browse around and you will find things you knew and didn't know about your device and BB in general. If you have questions or even answers for others please feel free to post and offer your opinion. We are all like a big family of sponges always looking for new things to soak up into or knowledge base.