Hi everyone. I just picked up my new 8300 Curve. So far so good. I've ... Western US Stackers forum

jimdab no está en línea Stack level 2

New BBer

Advertisement

Hi everyone. I just picked up my new 8300 Curve. So far so good. I've used smartphones before and this new Curve is so easy to use compared to them. I am familiarizing myself with the OS still but it's really simple.

Having one problem installing the Desktop Software but it's a common problem with Vista I guess that I'm having. (error 2738 while installing). I think I'll figure it out soon enough though.

Can't wait to fully switch to BB as I'm still using my old sprint phone along with my new ATT Curve. Once my number is ported I'm set.

Cya around.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: New BBer

Welcome to the Stacks Jimdab. Still having this issue?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Welcome to the Stacks!

dtole no está en línea Stack level 5

Welcome...
    D-Tole

jimdab no está en línea Stack level 2

update: I did find the answer to fix the problem in a post on this forum. I can't post the link though because as a new user I don't have link posting priveledges.

I just had to run "regsvr32 vbscript.dll" beforing running the install program for some reason.

Now I've had the 8300 for about 10 days and have no regrets. I just purchased a 4gb micro sd hc card for about $55 from amazon.com and will get a bluetooth gps puck soon for $55 or whatever it costs soon as well.

The only things I don't like are the slow EDGE network. I didn't like the fact that it doesn't have GPS but the puck is a nice solution I guess. The cheap phone I came from before (an LG Fusic) even had a GPS and I was always paying for Telenav on it, but with this BB8300 and a GPS puck I can get google maps with GPS for free so it's even better for me really.