My name is E, and I am a Berriholic. It started last year, with a ... Western US Stackers forum

enantiodromia no está en línea Stack level 1

IT Dude in Mt View, Ca

My name is E, and I am a Berriholic.

It started last year, with a 7290. I convinced the boss that since I am the IT guy, I should know how Blackberries worked.

I carefuly opened the box and hit the power button. I immediately sync'ed with our BES server. About ten minutes later I was wondering why everyone didn't have a Blackberry.

I have all kinds of users with all kinds of phones and PDAs. Smart Phones, Blackberries, iPaqs, whatever the flavor of the month is, and the only device I never get Support tickets opened on are the RIM devices. Once they are synced with BES, I forget they even exist. I love my Blackberry users, because they are quiet, content, and happy.

We use a hosted Exchange service, with BES included. Every Blackberry has worked great with this set up, so if you want BES at work and DONT want to learn/buy/setup Exchange, I highly suggest going this route.

Last week I decided I wanted an 8300 (Curve). I had tried a Nokia e62 a few months ago, but it did not sync with the Exchange server at all. It was a huge headache getting them to switch me back to the 7290, but I could not live with the e62. I was afraid this would happen with the 8300 too, but went for it anyway.

The first thing I noticed about the 8300 was that it synced to the BES in less than half the time the 7290 took. That made me happy. After I popped in a 2G MicoSD card, the media player suddenly became useful, and I realized I didnt need to shop around for a new MP3 player, as this would do fine, esp with Bluetooth 2.0.

Anyway, hi.

dtole no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: IT Dude in Mt View, Ca

Wow...I see you are excited....and yes, just like the rest of us, you are now an official "Crackberry"...

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: IT Dude in Mt View, Ca

Welcome to the world of CRACKBERRYS....Lol....and the Stacks!