okay i hooked up to the computer and im not sure wut i did but ... Western US Stackers forum

shayne63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20E0D453

Question hey im new, just bought a bb and i messed it up ! help please!!

Advertisement

okay i hooked up to the computer and im not sure wut i did but after the phone said

Uncaught exception:
    applicationregistry.waitfor(0xac3ae76427d17f19) timeout

i have no idea wut i did but i do no that my browser icons are both gone. does anyone no wut i should do or can do to fix this

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: hey im new, just bought a bb and i messed it up ! help please!!

Welcome to PinStack, shayne63.

This is a common problem with the newer Pearls. I understand that there is a problem with the CD that comes with them. You will need to reinstall the blackberry operating system software on your PC and connect your BB to it and open desktop manager again. You can find the OS download site link for your carrier in this thread, Links to OS Software by Carrier

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BlackBerry.

Rcbjr

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    20E0D453

thanks i was reading up on threads that match my uncaught exception and i found a few that led me to what ur sayin. man i hope it works cuz i was freaking out pretty bad, i mean i just bought the dang thing lol. im installing the operating system right now as i type this but one thing that i saw that i didnt like is it said that i would pretty much be downgrading my whole system. is that true or is it the same os as i had b4?? any ways ill post how it turns out in a few minutes.

thanks for the help

PIN/ID
    20E0D453

ok its done and up and running looks like everything is here and the only difference are the icons look a bit different . thank you soo soooo ooo much pinstack and everyone and the forums that helped me. lol now all i have to do is learn how to use the dang thing haha.

thanks

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Of course if you have any questions on how to use it, they can probably be answered here. This place is great. And everyone laughs at me for being a "forum junkie." heh.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Which Operating System are you using? The latest one that just came out for the Pearl can be found here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ers_4_2_a.html