The phone shuts off for no apparent reason so the sprint store ordered me a ... Western US Stackers forum

LuckyV no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down HELP My BB Curve 8330 keeps cycling!!

Advertisement

The phone shuts off for no apparent reason so the sprint store ordered me a replacement. On Saturday morning my BB started to get worse it would on;y stay on for a few minutes max then would cycle. I went to pick up the new phone and the replacement was doing the same thing so the guy decided to give me a new out of box BB. I have not added anything to the phone for fear something might happen to it and it will do the same rebooting issue. Last night (Sunday) the new phone started doing the same thing. I pulled the battery out and let it sit for 10 minutes. I tried it again and the same thing happened. So I left the battery out over night to see if that might help. This morning when I replaced the battery the problem persisted. I called Sprint only to be told there was a software issue. I was also told to back my software up on my computer but the phone wont stay on long enough for me to even do that. The phone shuts off when it's just sitting on the table, when I'm using the internet, when I'm texting. Last night I got a notification that I had a new BBM but now ther is no new icon and there are no new messages in my BBM. Since writing this the phone has been sitting on my desk and has turned off and restarted 4 times I have not even touched it once....

I have tried...
    Removing the memory card-No change
    Removing battery-no change
    Resetting the phone-no change
    Re-programing the phone-no change
    service books-no change
    software upgrade/downgrade-no change

Being this is not the first phone to do this I don't know what the problem could be.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    I say maybe the problems happening cause there's a app you keep downloading n it keeps messing up your phone so if you get enough time I say delete some stuff n free up some memory maybe tat might help

Thank you for your suggestion but I have not downloaded any apps because I didn't want to have the same problem. I wish it was so simple. I have memory that's not a problem. Now when it turns back on I cant even get the trackball to move the highlighter. I roll the ball but the highlighter (to indicate what icon is active) will not move it just restarts and goes to the home screen I cant do anything NOW!!

Karis no está en línea Stack level 2
    Dude reset the phone then insert sim and then go for the battery pull it 99 percent a software issue not hardware try this amen

I have tried resetting the phone, I'm with Sprint so I do not have a SIM card. Any other ideas???

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can try getting it connected to desktop mangar n try a wipeout n a reinstall n u can use a sim card on your phone you have to put the card in behind your battery

It wont stay on long enough to connect it to the DM. Sprint does not use SIM cards therefore I do not have a SIM card to put in the slot. The only card I have is an SD memory card that's what goes in my slot behind my battery.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you tried a different battery. This sounds more like a bad battery than anything related to software.