have 2 bb and want to copy my SIM. want to keep my new bb ... Central US Stackers forum

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Question need help with SIM cloning

Advertisement

have 2 bb and want to copy my SIM. want to keep my new bb from the weather when golfing and dont want to pull the batt. and SIM everytime i golf..do the copiers work from ebay? is it legal? i have looked at many topics on this and get the basic idea of the do's and dont's. I have called Tmobil on this and if i do mess up my SIM its only 20.00 to replace.

is it worth cloning

Thanks

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I think it's probably illegal - also probably violates your contract with your carrier but, if you get a good copy AND as long as you don't have both phones on at one time, you might get away with it. They may recognize that you're using two different devices from time to time too - don't know if they care about that or not.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by camshafter View Post
    have 2 bb and want to copy my SIM. want to keep my new bb from the weather when golfing and dont want to pull the batt. and SIM everytime i golf..do the copiers work from ebay? is it legal? i have looked at many topics on this and get the basic idea of the do's and dont's. I have called Tmobil on this and if i do mess up my SIM its only 20.00 to replace.

is it worth cloning

Thanks
    I can tell you this; don't bring a BB with you when you're golfing. I guarantee your game will improve.

Problem solved. Carry on.

Now THAT'S good advice!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    I do better golfing when I don't bring my clubs with me!
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Considering that only one PIN can be registered to BIS at a time there may be a conflict. I know the BB may work, but I don't think both will get the emails. I also don't think its legal. I doubt that they would be able to twll though. It is a risk, depends one if you want to be the lab rat to test it out

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Considering that only one PIN can be registered to BIS at a time there may be a conflict................
    Red's got a good point - I think every time you turn on a different device your carrier detects it - whether they keep track of how often that happens, or care, I don't know. (Of course, if you play golf as infrequently as I do it probably wouldn't be an issue. )
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    ask
    you guys crack me up, my good BB is a curve throu Tmobil and i unlocked a ATT pearl, i put my SIM in the pearl and it worked just fine with phone calls, SMS,MMS, the only thing was is i had to go through tmobile web site which blows, then i had to send a link through yahoo and bookmark it to see emails and stuff, but thats cool for golf as today i got 6 emails from work and got 3 double bogeys in a row, tuned the phone off and started getting pars.shot a 78..but really, im reading it takes 4-8 hours to copy? and there is a 50% chance i will mess up the SIM...do you know if this is true

Thanks for the input

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Extracting the Ki from a SIM risks damaging the SIM card with roughly 40-50% chance. That's just older the older SIM cards that I have experience with.

I've heard modern SIM cards are harder.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

............tuned the phone off and started getting pars.shot a 78............
    Thanks for the input
    If I could shoot a 78 by turning my BB off, I'd turn the thing off and enjoy golf more!

PIN/ID
    ask
    excellent guys, thanks for the input...by the way JB turned the bb off today and shot a 76, i think you might have something, never the less i wont be able to stop myself trying to clone the dang SIM....will let you know how things turn out, oh and thyth do you know if it does really take 4-8 hours

thanks

excellent guys, thanks for the input...by the way JB turned the bb off today and shot a 76, i think you might have something, never the less i wont be able to stop myself trying to clone the dang SIM....will let you know how things turn out, oh and thyth do you know if it does really take 4-8 hours

thanks
    I have no idea how long it takes - never tried it. I hope not 4-8 hours - what about copying a SIM could take THAT long?

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can't extract the Ki from a SIM card directly. The only way to get at it is to correlate the Ki based on a set of inputs. It's a quintessential chosen plaintext attack, and like any other chosen-plaintext attack, you need a lot of inputs/outputs to accurately correlate the bits of the Ki.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

PIN/ID
    ask
    man thats good stuff, now im scared....but im sure that wont stop me..may the force be with me

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Yeah let us know how it works out...I'm curious now