i am new to the whole blackberry experienceand i was told i could buy a ... Central US Stackers forum

scoobyshaggy14 no está en línea Stack level 1

cingular/att prepaid blackberrys?

Advertisement

i am new to the whole blackberry experienceand i was told i could buy a used unlocked bb, which i did (7290), one for my wife and daughter each. i have cingular prepaid phones for my whole family but like the abilities of the bb. i was told that i can remove the sim card from my phones and put them in the bb's and they would work. i have done this and the phone part works great but cannot log onto the internet. the screen says " data acquisition denied ". do i need to call att to have this problem resolved? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: cingular/att prepaid blackberrys?

Yes because you will need to add on a BlackBerry data plan in order to access the internet and get the full functionality of your BB.

~via Lavaberry (wap.pinstack.com)~

thanks lavagirl for your quick response, i appreciate it.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

fyi, I have the lowest-price blackberry data plan, it's 29.99. that doesnt include text msgs and my cell phone voice plan. I would give AT&T a call.

thanks cyberspastic

i called att and they told me that they did not offer a go-phone plan and i would have to convert to a post-paid plan. i had to go into an att store to have this done. i was told that i could not keep the same number that i had. it was going to be an $18.00 transfer fee to get the post-paid plan. they do a social security number check, so if your credit is less than perfect, you will need a deposit. they wanted $500 for each of my phones. that is 12.5 times more than i paid for the phones each. if you have a pre-paid go-phone from att/cingular and less than perfect credit, i would advise you to do your research before trying to convert your bb to post-pay or you might be highly disappointed as i was. just my 2 cents worth!!

shadrack2002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248906D0

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyshaggy14 View Post
    i called att and they told me that they did not offer a go-phone plan and i would have to convert to a post-paid plan. i had to go into an att store to have this done. i was told that i could not keep the same number that i had. it was going to be an $18.00 transfer fee to get the post-paid plan. they do a social security number check, so if your credit is less than perfect, you will need a deposit. they wanted $500 for each of my phones. that is 12.5 times more than i paid for the phones each. if you have a pre-paid go-phone from att/cingular and less than perfect credit, i would advise you to do your research before trying to convert your bb to post-pay or you might be highly disappointed as i was. just my 2 cents worth!!
    Thankx for your 2 cents...lol...tkx tho.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

I could have told you that. Any post paid account with any carrier requires a credit check not a "social security" check
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

PrepaidPostman no está en línea Stack level 1

No no no no no.

Sure, your blackberry will work, voicecalls and text only. You will not be able to access medianet at all. I work for at&t and will answer any question you guys have but thats the answer to that one. We do not have any blackberry packages on prepaid because the phones not technically supported. Same goes for blackjacks, or any smartphone. The deal is with the smartphones is that they work but because of the nature of the phone it constantly connects with the internet to update itself thats why you need the special plans. Sure your gonna be able to use the phone fully including medianet (unlike with the blackberry) but when you realize your balance of 100 dollars is gone dont come crying to us because your phone updated itself and used all your minutes. We will not credit you. Trust me.