Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Let's show some love to the south, why do you love living here I love ... Southern US Stackers forum

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

why you love the south

Advertisement

Let's show some love to the south, why do you love living here

I love the weather and the people and the beaches (best in the country)

Blackberry079 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: why you love the south

I love the south because Boston people are mean and unfriendly. Plus not too many people know how to drive properly or follow the road laws like us Southerns do!!

jbjackson3004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EEF24E

Welcome to the Stacks.

I've lived in the south my whole life, no other place in the country has the hospitality of the people in the south.

Blackberry079 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jbjackson3004
    Welcome to the Stacks.

I've lived in the south my whole life, no other place in the country has the hospitality of the people in the south.
    I agree, because Boston and the whole New England is practically Northern Hostility and I don't like that vibe i get. Southern Hospitality is soo much better and we are much more laid back too

jbjackson3004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EEF24E

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry079
    I agree, because Boston and the whole New England is practically Northern Hostility and I don't like that vibe i get. Southern Hospitality is soo much better and we are much more laid back too
    I'm from New Orleans, but I've lived in Atlanta and now Oklahoma... I can tell you first hand not every where in the south is tha great... But I wouldn't trade it for anything... Not while I'll still young. Maybe when I'm old and rich I can go live in Montana, or one of those "up norf" states. Then I'd be old, and hostile.... fit right in.

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6

lol yea i live in the soiuth and some parts of the south are bad. you have to deal with racism and all of that.
    Thats one reason why i dont like the south.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

hello and welcome to the Stacks!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by jbjackson3004
    Welcome to the Stacks.

I've heard that...but have you been to Hawaii? We have a lot of hospitality here and Aloha!

d70nerd no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240939B7

I love living in the south despite all its drawbacks. I love to hear the southern accent and can't figure out why so many southerners try to disguise it. After living in the south for almost 14 years now, I have found that "southern hospitality" is really a habit as so many people who appear to be "nice" or "mannerly" to you really do not mean it. Its just a habit. I have also lived in the north (NYC and Long Island) for 17 years and they are appear genuine - fake greetings are rare. Why tell me "good morning" or ask "how you doing" if you really don't give a darn? When I say those things its meant whole heartedly; its not just said because its the "nice" thing to do. But every time I leave Atlanta, I itch to get back after a few days.

phamtastic83 no está en línea Stack level 2

my favorite thing about the south is southern cooking. yum.

congogrey no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B56D07

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I spent several years growing up in Alaska. I love the south becuase there is no snow.

JoBelle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Oh, the south! I love it it for the hurricanes that keep taking parts of my houses! Oh -wait... no sarcasm. Actually, I love it. I grew up on the coast and have a fondness for beaches and the barrier islands, the fishing, the boat life. Very Jimmy Buffet wihtout all the pressure. hehe

Don't get me wrong, I love to visit other places, but home is in the heat and humidity of the deep south.

Jo
    "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!"

rammerjammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    wilsticu

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Football, Snow(none), Food, The Gulf, simplicity and what more could you want.

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask

I have lived in West TN all my life and to me there is nothing as beautiful as this area! The green trees, the corn fields, just nature itself. My ex was from NV and he was amazed at how pretty it was. I agree that most southerns are nicer than some northerns. No place is perfect expect to you because it is home.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

devingiles no está en línea Stack level 3

I have lived in Texas for most of my life and love it. The weather is pretty good year around. When its in the 90s and 100s that's fine with me, up north they get that hot and everyone is passing out. But I love the south because the cost of living isn't as high as in new York or the northern areas, and I see trees, and grass, instead of living in a concrete jungle. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast