OK this is a little off topic but its been killing me to get the ... Southern US Stackers forum

white_rabbit no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Whats going on in the desert?

Advertisement

OK this is a little off topic but its been killing me to get the answer now for a week. This is also the only forum online that I am part of so I hope someone can answer my question. I just drove from Michigan to Las Vegas. I drove south to Tennessee then west on 40 to the grand canyon. When I started driving outta the canyon i started noticing little trailers and shacks built off the side of the road/desert. Once we got back on 40 and started heading north on 93 they were everywhere!!! There is no way anyone could have drawn property lines. These trailers and shacks are strone about everywhere. Does anyone own this land? There is no way they could have water. There is nothing out there except rocks, plants and 80 miles of offset trailers, huts, shacks, almost commune like? Has anyone seen this? I gotta know whats the deal in the desert??? Thanks!!

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Maybe sqatters?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    One of the things you may have been seeing is, Little huts used to sell stuff on the side of the road, You see this alot on reservations out this way. you will pass through several on 40. THe trailers I am not sure of I havn't seen any of those yet. But on week ends in certain places those little huts are selling food, or jewlery. Mostly Jewlery.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

white_rabbit no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by chatster18 View Post
    Maybe sqatters?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thats exactly what I thought. There to far off from the road to be shops. I didn't even see any roads. Like they just off road it. It was kinda like a graveyard for those weird bullet shaped travel trailers for 80 miles. I had to signal there, with att.

TRLLJ no está en línea Stack level 1
    If that was here in Australia, someone would be collecting rent, or sticking em with parking or some kinda infringements.
    How far from civilisation are we talking here, 50miles(80km), 100miles (160km) or more??
    I assume it's not a hospitable place!

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by white_rabbit View Post
    Thats exactly what I thought. There to far off from the road to be shops. I didn't even see any roads. Like they just off road it. It was kinda like a graveyard for those weird bullet shaped travel trailers for 80 miles. I had to signal there, with att.

Well then it is not what I was thinking, it is wierd to be sure, I havnt gone west on 40 in the day light in a long time. I always got at night, 1. the kids are asleep, and 2 it is much cooler!
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")