Hi yall my name is Janelle. I'm from west Texas and was looking for a ... Southern US Stackers forum

JBlount21 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Newbie from Texas

Advertisement

Hi yall my name is Janelle. I'm from west Texas and was looking for a place that I could get some help with my new phone. I have an 8100 Pearl and have been trying to learn everything on it. First off I got it from my brother so I'm trying to figure out how to do a complete reset on it because the e-mail on it isn't mine and so I can't e-mail anything from the phone. Also I have been having issues trying to send myself pictures in MMS messages it wont allow me to do that. And then the carrier I use is AT&T so I have used the website to download ringers on my old phone but can't seem to be able to do it on this phone. I can recieve text messages just fine except when it comes to downloading a ringer. And my next question would be when I plug it into my USB cord to my lap top to be able to charge it it will say data connection refused and I'm not sure what that means. My husband told me that if I had just gotten this phone from the company or whatever brand new that it probably came with a CD to load onto the laptop that will provide like a sync program like he had w/ his treo a while back ago when we were through sprint. But since I got this from my brother who got it from idk where for his ex g/f I don't have everything for it. So any help with this would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!!!

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874

Re: Newbie from Texas

welcome to the stacks........

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

First off, Welcome to the "Stacks". If you received this phone from a previous user (your Brother), he will need to contact the cell provider and ask them to release the device so you can place the Blackberry in your name. This will also reset the BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) site so you can add your email accounts to the phone.

It also sounds like there is no data plan attached to your phone since you are getting the data connection refused line. You will need to have a data plan added to access the internet and be able to download items to your phone and to also access email.

You can download the Desktop Manager from www.blackberry.com or from your carriers website.

Good luck, welcome to the "Stacks" and post back any questions you may have.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by kkwus74 View Post
    welcome to the stacks........
    that was helpful

Quote Originally Posted by JBlount21 View Post
    .. First off I got it from my brother so I'm trying to figure out how to do a complete reset on it...
    Also I have been having issues trying to send myself pictures in MMS messages...
    And my next question would be when I plug it into my USB cord to my lap top to be able to charge it it will say data connection refused... like a sync program ...
    agree with Kalebsdad78, there is no BlackBerry data plan on the account. You will need that for MMS. As for the sync software you can get that here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4
    get the Desktop Software 4.2 (SP2) and the BlackBerry Pearl (8100c) (AT&T) - BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.1.154 (Multilanguage)

The Desktop software is the sync app, and the handheld software is what will wipe the phone back to factory state.
    Last edited by cliffr39; 01-08-2008 at 12:27 PM.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

JBlount21 no está en línea Stack level 1

alright downloading those programs now and gonna see what happens let yall know how it goes thanks!!!!!