names Jeremy from florida, just bought a pearl 8130 and trying to get it set ... Southern US Stackers forum

spitfirejay no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile newb

Advertisement

names Jeremy from florida, just bought a pearl 8130 and trying to get it set to my likings. anyone have answers on why no mms messaging. btw on alltel. cheers,
    Jer

LegalPrincess no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A4AE92

Re: newb

Welcome!

Jen

Jen

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Welcome to the Stacks, Jer!

You need a Blackberry Data Plan in order to use MMS functions on your Pearl. Contact your customer care people, they can set up a plan for you.

You can also check out the Pearl forum for more help on your device.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

i called alltel customer service last night and asked if there was anyway to enable mms messaging on the blackberry. her response was that the only way for me to send picture or video messages like a text message is to save the picture or video as an attachment and send it via email. does that make any sense? what i mean to say is, does it make any sense to totally disable a function that many use regularly?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

I'm with Alltel and have spoken with people in store and by email to customer service. I've been told they are having issues with this and are working on a fix but no eta for when. I do miss it though!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

I believe the 8130 have issues with mms yes.. if im not misstaken MMS isn't included on this phone? Can somebody verify that?

MMS is enabled by a record in your servicebook, if your carrier don't have it.. you have a problem.

You can login to your carrier.blackberry.com site, press "resend servicebook" .. that way you should get all your carriers servicebooks..

What she told you is a workarround for MMS, you can send the pictures and such as attachments in emails yes.. but you can only send to email adresses, not phone numbers..

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by Sci-Tek View Post
    I believe the 8130 have issues with mms yes.. if im not misstaken MMS isn't included on this phone? Can somebody verify that?

MMS is enabled by a record in your servicebook, if your carrier don't have it.. you have a problem.

You can login to your carrier.blackberry.com site, press "resend servicebook" .. that way you should get all your carriers servicebooks..

What she told you is a workarround for MMS, you can send the pictures and such as attachments in emails yes.. but you can only send to email adresses, not phone numbers..
    Instructions for MMS are in the little booklet that came with my 8130 from Alltel, it's capable, but Alltel isn't right now. But as mentioned above, supposedly it will be in the future.

My son can send pics to me from his phone by putting my email address in the "send to" section instead of my number, and I can open them but I can't send pics to his phone. I tried sending him a pic by way of his number@message.alltel.com, he got the message sent to his phone that way,...... but couldn't open the picture because I can only send as an attachment and his LG AX8600 phone can't open them.

I had a new problem with the phone... it deleted texts and call log. per alltel blackberry rep, setting the phone to auto on/off for a minimum ten minutes will solve the problem. don't know if anyone else was having this problem, but thought i would share the workaround solution i was given.

happy decemberween.
    Jay

2412588 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240BBF6A

Welcome to the stacks Jay!
    240BBF6A