Took the plunge and got a BB Pearl. It has really overwhelmed me so I ... Southern US Stackers forum

Sld323 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ?

Louisiana Newbie!!

Advertisement

Took the plunge and got a BB Pearl. It has really overwhelmed me so I took it back to turn in today - BUT the cell guy convinced me to take it back home and give it one more week. He set it up for me to help get me going. So I'm feeling a bit better about it now - and stumbled on this forum just now. YEAH!!
    A few questions tho:
    1. He said I could add/make changes to my address book, add email addresses, etc from my laptop by just hooking it up to my laptop. Not working for me - can't figure out what I'm doing wrong???? He suggested this because I'm having trouble right now with the new 'keyboard' on the phone and thought it might be quicker for me to just do it on the computer.

2. He set me up that when I read my emails from my BB that it would only erase (once read) from the BB and not my email acct. Well - it's erasing them from the BB and the email acct. Can't figure out where that setting was on my BB???

Thanks for the forum. I think it's going to help me

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Louisiana Newbie!!

1) should be done with an email client that sync with the bb - like ms outlook

2) what do you mean erasing? do you mean that it's showing read on the bb? did you actually click the delete key to delete the message?

PIN/ID
    ?

Thanks for the reply. Ok..hopefully I can answer these better than I asked them - lol
    1) I'm set up with AOL to receive my emails - and i've downloaded the BB Device Manager - but when I click on any icon on BBDM - it won't let me do anything.
    2) Okay, like when you read your email - once read - it goes to 'old mail' file unless you click as 'keep as new'. The guy told me that he was going to set up my reading email on my BB that when i read a new email - it would go away on my BB - but would stay 'as new' so that when I returned to read my emails on my laptop it would still be in 'new mail'. I'm not doing anything but reading my email on my BB - not deleting or anything other command. But when I returned to my laptop - the emails I read on my BB were already in "Old"

alexthomason no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E3505B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i would keep it. I live in baton rouge / Lafayette and just got a pearl a few days ago and I've realized its quick to pick up on all of it.

PIN/ID
    ?

I'm feeling MUCH better about my Pearl today than I was earlier this week. I've decided to keep it. This forum has really helped me. I still have a few things I can't get figured out with my Text Messages (My message icon keeps going to my email...not texts)...but I'm going to keep researching until I get it!!!

alin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a241a4

Welcome, glad you are getting the hang of it!!

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

It will take a while, look at me. Had the phone since the first day it came out, still learning!!!!!

PIN/ID
    ?

alexthomason - just noted where you said you lived. I live in baton rouge. Nothing like good ole cajun country..lol

onlindis10 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3019477D

DaThunder no está en línea Stack level 3

Kongrats on getting a berry. By now you probably gotten the basics and done some major customization to it already. I am a local also, in the city of Baton Rouge. Pin number is on the profile. Send one anytime.