GRITS = grandmother, raised in the south -- 5 daughters, 2 stepsons, 14 grandchildren. (THis ... Southern US Stackers forum

BettyBee no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile GRITS from Georgia

Advertisement

GRITS = grandmother, raised in the south -- 5 daughters, 2 stepsons, 14 grandchildren. (THis is whining at its finest so I can get some help with my new Blackberry).

I live in the Northeast GA mountains about 80 miles from Atlanta. I've had a cell phone since before you could carry it in your pocket or purse (husband is an old Bellhead), and I've had a computer since before the Apple III's (late 70's). This is just to say that I am not totally brainless in this tech area (just a pinch so). I have another cell phone (on Verizon--CDMA), and I wanted a phone with GSM (went with AT&T Cingular--remember I have a Bellhead at honme) so I could take it overseas (I do like to travel)--ergo, I got the BB Red Pearl. Now, I know it does a lot more than I seem to be able to wring from it --though I didn't get Internet/e-mail because I stay busy enough with that from my home office. I've also had a Palm, but it never could hold a charge and frustrated me so that I never took it with me anywhere. I SHOULD be able to learn about this danged phone, but I am struggling to find even simple things--like, where the heck can I set up message notification/alerts?

Also, I will be traveling to Germany and to Prague in July and would love to have any suggestions about using my new toy while traveling.

I fell DUH!
    But Thanks
    Betty

reemusk no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: GRITS from Georgia

welcome! i hail from the empire state of the south too.
    a blackberry is a tool. a treo is a toy

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: GRITS from Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by BettyBee
    ... I SHOULD be able to learn about this danged phone, but I am struggling to find even simple things--like, where the heck can I set up message notification/alerts?

Also, I will be traveling to Germany and to Prague in July and would love to have any suggestions about using my new toy while traveling.
    from the main screen go to Profiles, then scroll to the bottom and select Advanced to edit the profile you wish.

As for traveling, you will either take your phone and the AT&T SIM card and pay the roaming rates, or you can pay to get the BB unlocked, then try to find a prepaid SIM card when you travel.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.