Hey everyone, Hugh from South Florida by way of NYC saying hello. I'm using a ... Southern US Stackers forum

HughH no está en línea Stack level 1

Greetings from South Florida

Advertisement

Hey everyone,
    Hugh from South Florida by way of NYC saying hello.
    I'm using a BB 8800 and after going through several WM devices I am more than satisfied with it. Being left handed, the trackball makes all the difference in the world.

I do need help with a tethering issue. The guys at the local Cingular store told me that I can tether occasionally without having to specifically sign up for the monthly plan. I'd only be tethering to my laptop 3 or 4 times a year anyhow.

But.... I can't get the thing to work. It connects, it begins authorizing but then apparently times out and I get the error:718 message.

A 2/12 year old post on the Cingular support forums suggested provisioning the account with the following:

WIX EXTENDED INTERNET $0.00
    WIX DATA CONNECT $0.00
    WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE $0.00

However the person behind the counter could only find the third listing and provisioned that to my account but it didn't help. The two WIX items were not available to him.

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch,
    Hugh
    Last edited by HughH; 06-23-2007 at 05:03 PM.

HughH no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Greetings from South Florida

Got the answer I was looking for in the "Setting Up BlackBerry Pearl 8100 Modem on PC (Cingular) W/O BlackBerry Tethered Plan" thread.

john melody no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Greetings from South Florida

i have a 7520 and cannot hear the phone ring. i am on a sprint/nextel service. where can i get ringtones for this phone???i need help