Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello from SW Va. I have helped my brother again this year with his Christmas ... Southern US Stackers forum

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Christmas Lights in SW Va.

Advertisement

Hello from SW Va.
    I have helped my brother again this year with his Christmas lights. Anyone in the area looking to see some good lights, check out the site www.starcitylights.com. I will be posting more info on it and putting a video up when we turn them on. I will also be posting the turn on date as we get closer.

Instantz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ah sweet, your the guy that does that set up for the Christmas tree in Roanoke?
    -MOTO*DROID- *Verizon Wireless*

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Yea, we are the ones. This year is going to wild. That tree was a bitch to do and will definetly be interesting to see when working. Posted the turn on date this morning. come by and enjoy.

Nice nice, I have lived in Roanoke all my life. I don't think I have ever been downtown to see that. Is the date on the website?
    I doubt I'd be able to go, I work 2 jobs and I am a senior in Highschool. woo woo for me.

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Actually, we do not do the one for the City, we do this on our own house. Sorry for the confusion. If you look at the page, I give directions to so if you are down here. Been there and done that a wile back with 2 jobs and school.

Ah, I see. I bet it costed a butt load for all of those lights. And alright I will check all of that out.

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    My brother pays for it all and I help him setup and with programming at times. It does cost alot but, that is his thing, he like to do it. My kids LOVE it. Cool, thanks hopefully you will enjoy it when we get it up and running.

Sounds pretty awesome.

Do you usually have some good turn-outs?

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Yea, they are usually line up to see it. Having it run for 6 songs this year should make it even more. Also promoting over the web and trying to get the times and WBDJ come out this year. We called and emailed both last year and we did not hear a thing. While setting up we had people drive up and ask us when it would be on and that they loved it last year.
    Last edited by MWPatterson; 11-20-2008 at 01:10 PM. Reason: typos

That is pretty awesome to hear. So how tall is it? How many decorations?

And the lights like go along with the music?

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    The main tree is 20' tall, made out of 144 strands of lights. It has strobe lights and balls in it for more of a visual reference. It will dance with music that is broadcast over a FM transmitter. so the neighbors are not pissed at us after it. Thet just have ot close there blinds if they have problems.

Nice. Sounds like a good bit of bits and bolts.
    Well the neighbors can get a life and get into the Christmas spirit haha.

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Most of them love it to, they do not have to do anything, just go outside and turn there radio on. They get lights. We have not heard any complaints in the last 2 years. They just look and see what we do different every year. If we had the tree 20' taller the tower at the airport could see it. Now we have something to shot for next year.

That's a pretty cool goal to set for next year. Just go ahead and start planning to make it taller.
    And ahh I see people have to bring their own radios to hear it. I was lost there for a minute considering I am pretty tired. It would be pretty cool if the music was being played there, but I see why it wouldn't be.

Well have fun setting it up still.

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Thanks, we are. I think he has put all the stuff in place, just working on the controllers for it now and finalizing the programming. I worked retail over Christmas for 3+ years in my younger years and I would not put anyone though listening to it unless they wanted to or had to. I do not ming listening to it for a bit, but, the same music over and over non stop from 5:30 - 10:30 daily, that is a bit much. Well, have fun, gota get back to work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast