So I'm new to this site...I'm fully diggin' the underground hacking/jailbreaking community vibe. I can't ... Northeastern US Stackers forum

surlygrl1969 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Yep...I'm an iPhone addict...DC

Advertisement

So I'm new to this site...I'm fully diggin' the underground hacking/jailbreaking community vibe. I can't believe I almost missed out. How can anyone own an iPhone and NOT jailbreak it? I look at other people's iPhones in hopes of seeing some sort of customization and immediately become taken by a sense of superiority when I see the dull, safe Apple stock screen...so I guess I'm kind of a snob about it. Oh well...sue me.

I view jailbreaking and crackberry hacking as an acceptable form of conforming protest...a way to hold onto the 80s punk attitude in a very adult acceptable way. Basically, at 39, it's a way to take the instruments of adulthood and twisting them to fit my internal need to break rules...all the while masquerading as a responsible adult. Does this make sense or am I babbling too much for my own good?

I'm hoping to meet other ADULTS who feel the same...whether your instrument is, my favorite, the iphone or a Crackberry. I'm hoping to learn new ways to alter my phone to be tweaked with anything and everything I could ever want or need. Is it to early to expect a time travel tweak?

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Welcome to the forum you aren't alone . I wouldn't have my iPhone any other way than jailbroken!!!!!!
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Welcome to the Stacks! Smartphones rule!

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Hi and welcome to the forums. Mine isn't jailbroken yet. I have 3.1 so I don't thnk I can at this point. Either way I love my iPhone.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16