I just got my first blackberry (nextel) 7100i. So far so good.... I guess. Device ... Northeastern US Stackers forum

fireguy2emt no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile new bb user from S. Jersey

Advertisement

I just got my first blackberry (nextel) 7100i. So far so good.... I guess. Device is cool but email takes a while. Normal??? Nextel said it does take a few minutes to get your email.

I dunno. I still like it.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: new bb user from S. Jersey

Welcome to the stacks. I just moved to somerset NJ. nice state you have here!
    right now you say you "like" the BB, in no time you will come to love it!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Lol. I have been waiting to get a BB for some time now. I just waited for work to buy me one. Have you experienced any issues with email speed? I am not on a BES server.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

I run BIS through tmo.
    some times my outlook emails are a bit slow. yahoo and pinstack and tmo mail are up to a minute later depending on time of day.
    must be a usage thing. that and I get a whole wopping 1 bar in my area.
    btu when you figure where the email has to travel to then from then to, it can take a moment sometimes.
    just my thoughts.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Fireguy2emt. What type of email account are you experiencing this delay with? Is it a POP account, if so, there may be some polling delays. Here's a thread that talks a little more about it: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...cingulars.html.

dtole no está en línea Stack level 5

Welcome...

I used to have the 7520(nextel), but I got my email very quickly, I used hotmail with my bb...

What email service are you using?
    D-Tole

sorry it took so long to reply. I am using my Nextel 7100i with Comcast email. Both my personal email (which is a @comcast.net) and my work email which is its own domain name is hosted by comcast.

My personal email seems to go much quicker than my work email. Must be the way comcast has their servers configured.