Hey, I'm new on this forum and I'll get to the point. I am trying ... Northeastern US Stackers forum

subiedoo22 no está en línea Stack level 2

Hey! from Jersey

Advertisement

Hey, I'm new on this forum and I'll get to the point. I am trying to figure out how I can use my own mp3's as ringtones for my Pearl. Can I some how e-mail them to my phone and save and use them from there or do I have to use the software and sync it up to my computer? I have a Mac but am also running XP via Parellels. Would that work? Thanks.

-D.

wolfeman75 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EF9EE6

Re: Hey! from Jersey

welcome to the stacks. I always transfer my MP3s via Blackberry Desktop Manager (media manager) on XP. I've never tried on a Mac running XP, so I don't know if that will work. I also haven't tried emailing them...but I suppose that could work.

Yay Jersey! Where in NJ you from? I'm near Great Adventure in Jackson...

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

sup subiedoo22!

do you have a micro sd card installed or your using device memory? if you do have a memory card, in either OS x or XP plug your pearl via USB and turn on mass storage mode (it'll be a pop up window when you plug in) say yes, then it acts like another drive on your machine and you can just drag and drop your mp3's into your media card music folder! then you can assign one as a ringtone or assign them to your contacts, etc.

there is also a forum here for ringotnes here: Multimedia

Hey Wolfeman! I'm north of you. By Morristown, NJ. I tried e-mailing my BB w/ an mp3 attachment and for some reason I couldn't even open the file and save it...I suppose I'll give it another shot or just mess around w/ DM.

Mudshovel,

I have a 1gb card and am running both os x and xp via parallels and have not tried DM at all yet. Perhaps this weekend. I keep reading about issues involving DM in parallels.

kre8berry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by subiedoo22
    Hey Wolfeman! I'm north of you. By Morristown, NJ. I tried e-mailing my BB w/ an mp3 attachment and for some reason I couldn't even open the file and save it...I suppose I'll give it another shot or just mess around w/ DM.
    Hey subiedoo22... I am north of you ... Pompton Lakes, NJ... Welcome... I have an SD card, 1 gig and I can and have added mp3s as ringtones.. OTA and thru syncing..
    kre8berry

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Hey Subbie.. Welcome..

I'm in Jersey too (Bridgewater) - and I'm running OS X.. I also have the same setup as you w/ a 1GB card.. If you have Mass Storage Mode enabled on your BB you should be able to just access it like a drive and copy music to there..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

kre8berry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Yeah.. forgot to mention I too am on a MAC.. on OS X.. Mass storage would make it the easiest... I also bluetoothed a few..
    kre8berry

aoberoi no está en línea Stack level 1

jersey represent!

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I' m at the shore, near Belmar & Asbury Park!!!
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

joesmoe556 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ hey what's I'm in Jackson to n brick town some times. But anyway I have ? 4 anybody that could answer I got. Friend a used BB is there a way to get a new pin number there get the old owners messages n I would like to know how to get a new pin number. If anybody know CB they please tell me thanks. rOb aka joesmoe556 everywhere