I hope im posting this thread right, I see alot of real nice themes out ... 88xx Themes forum

brayndeded no está en línea Stack level 2

why arent there more today plus themes made?

Advertisement

I hope im posting this thread right, I see alot of real nice themes out there, but they are all done in the zen or today style. my personal favorite theme style is the today plus because it adds the best of two styles of theme, but i have only seen the 1 theme done this way and its straight from rim via the blackberry site.
    on top of that, why dont/or cant these great theme makers around here make themes that dont have the 'call log' as one of the 4 icons on the today screen? i fail to see the point in this. if you want your call log, all you have to do is hit the green answer button...it does the same darn thing! why has rim done this? when someone makes a theme, are they not able to choose which icons they want as the 'top 4' ? has rim restricted the way people can make themes?
    also, i hear talk about rim coughing up $190 million for 3rd party development...something of that sort. does this mean opening up their ui and os to 3rd party people so they can have 'free run' of the place...so to speak...and do things like make nice looking calendars and themes with whatever icons you want and more programs and games and 'today screen apps'? i know windows mobile has done this for years and some of the 3rd party apps are very nice, like the spbwarehouse.com stuff, but there is also alot of junk out there which causes win mo to crash and burn. i love all the nice looking free apps that are everywhere for win mo phones, but understand that win mo screws up all the time, which is why i got my 8830 w.e. and while the 8830 has never once crashed on me or given me problems, i see the lack of creativity in the os and ui. the way the apps look seems like they were made in 1995 and havent been upgraded since. everything is very plane simple. and i know, thats what makes a BB work and a win mo phone not work. so does this news from rim mean they are going to allow new looks and apps to be applied to our beloved BB devices?

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'd love to have the today theme with an extended calendar section (much like PocketDay where it shows the entire day's itinerary)

If someone wanted to make a today theme with just messages and calendar, I'd be a verrrry happy (and grateful) camper.

--
    dj flyy

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quick Response, because the currently released theme builder doesn't have the Today Plus theme as a template and therefore most custom theme builders can't build one. Only those that actually work for RIM/Plazmic can build one.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Gotcha. Thanks Rcbjr!

--
    dj flyy

pstavs no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32CAA817
    Thanks Rcbjr; I have been wondering the same thing myself. Is this a permanent limitation or something that the next upgrade will fix? I agree with the previous poster; today plus themes make by far the most sense for me but please, please ditch the call log

Pete

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by pstavs View Post
    Thanks Rcbjr; I have been wondering the same thing myself. Is this a permanent limitation or something that the next upgrade will fix? I agree with the previous poster; today plus themes make by far the most sense for me but please, please ditch the call log

Pete
    I assume that it is temporary as it appears the Today Plus themes have been created using a Beta version that is out for testing. However, Plazmic does not provide any information on content and schedule for future releases of their Theme Builder or it's parent Content Development Kit.

It's been quite a while since the last release and although there was a bit of excitement when it was discovered the Beta was out to the testers, it's been so long now it has kind of died down.

Hopefully Soon, but I'm not really confidant that it will be anytime soon.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ravennephilim no está en línea Stack level 1
    Am I the only one that has noticed that with the BB Dimension Today Plus theme you get an extra Music Player icon? Its a headphone icon that takes you straight to the music player, rather than the media player option screen. For some reason none of the other Today Plus themes have this! Anyone know a theme that has this, because with this icon you can set your hotkeys to link straight to the music player too.