I have been avoiding doing this because there is nothing I like less than rifling ... 88xx Themes forum

kpozan no está en línea Stack level 2

Theme request - gotta do it, sorry.

Advertisement

I have been avoiding doing this because there is nothing I like less than rifling through the treads and seeing people requesting themes for blackberry pearls and whatnot, but I have to make a request.

I am a law student and aside from using my BB 8830 for personal reasons, I use it to stay on top of homework, classes, meetings, cases, briefs, and memos. I recently made the swtich and began using a "today theme." It is not as pleasing aesthetically, but it serves a purpose and does it well. That being said, there is a serious lack of today themes and today+ themes for os 4.5. I think it would be a great challenge to theme creators to design and create either a today or today+ theme that is clean and attractive, yet functional. I began making a theme of my own, but I have very little time as it is being a law student. I downloaded pinpoint's BeBold today theme, but it is not as solid of a theme as his bottom dock or flick themes (which are awesome). The good Dr.also makes some amazing themes, but there are no "great" today or today+ themes out there. I would love to see one show up that is created for os 4.5.

It's just a thought.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Have you seen this one that was recently posted? http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=89611
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I did, and it looks like a good theme, but I am not a big fan of the menus and the screen that comes up with the picture of the world when you delete something. The main page is very clean, but the menus are not my stlye.

Basically, even though I can change the background to an image that I like, the box that comes up when you delete something still has the picture of the world on it. Not a big fan.

Plus the 88xx version is optimized for os 4.2, not 4.5.
    Last edited by azstar; 10-14-2008 at 04:05 PM. Reason: triple posting

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Probably your best bet, is going to be finding a theme you like for the most part, and then contacting the theme builder and asking them to do a custom version in a today or today plus style. Most will do it for a very reasonable fee and some may even do it for free, depends on the themer. Either that or pay to have a custom theme made from scratch.

You could get a hundred replies to this post, each with a different example of a theme, and find none that really suit your needs or style.

I can understand your pickiness, I'm a bit of a theme snob myself and very rarely stick with one for very long. But I do have a select few faithful favorites that end up back on my BB on a regular basis. Good luck in your search.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Very true. Hopefully someone will point out one I like. I do like the Bold and Mac OS X themes, but there are just so few today and today+ themes. I would love to donate money to have my own theme made, but I am a poor law student. I'll be paying $120k over the next three years just for school, so I am becoming more and more frugal. Thanks for your help bud.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    If you have some pictures you would like to see and what you want on the today screen and whether you want a today plus or just today, send me an email and we will keep tweaking it til it's exactly like you want it.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Before I address the generous offer made to me by CMagnum, I just want to clarify something. I downloaded and used the theme that was recommended to me in an above post , but the buttons are way to small, and something about the theme just isn't right. Now, I do not say this and mean any disrespect to the creator as I know that theme building is very hard and is quite time consuming, I am just saying that the theme is not my taste.

CMagnum, I just read a few of your posts, and you appear to be a very generous individual. I have only been on this forum for a few weeks, but I am sure everyone appreciates what you do here.

On that note, I am not into anything flashy. I will be working in a law firm, and I need a functional theme. The themes that have received the most attention as of late are created by pinpoint and dr. devious. Their themes include bouncing icons and whatnot, and all look great. There are a lot of great themes on , but those all cost money, and a fair amount of it I might add (I really am a law student, and I really am forking over $120k for tuition alone through 2011).

I will list the themes that I found so far that are close to what I like, but for various reasons don't cut it (the first one listed is my favorite and so on):
    1. Bold Silver Bottom Dock Zen Today Plus
    This is probably my favorite theme, but there are a few small things that I don't like. I am not a fan of the menus with the dark blue font. They almost look illegible, and appear as if they would strain your eyes. Aside from that I love the zen and today plus combination. This particular theme also features a customizable dock, which I am a big fan of.
    2. BlackBerry Storm Today Plus
    This theme looks great. Two rows is a bit much in my opinion, but I like the look of the buttons. I like the bold/storm look in general. It's not too busy. The negative for this is that it is not fully customizable.
    3. iBerry 2.0 Today Plus (http://www.bplay.com/theme.php?t=231)
    This is a great looking theme. I am a big fan of the look of the new BlackBerry Bold OS as well as everything iPhone/Mac. This theme is clean, simple, and stylish. They manage to put a full today screen (messages, calendar, and call log) on the home screen in addition to a bottom zen dock.
    4. Apple Leopard - Today Plus 4.5 Only
    This is a gorgeous looking theme. I am a big mac fan, and this theme just looks great.
    5. A Bold Copycat - Prototype Echo (http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...copycat-87886/)
    This is a great theme by Pinpoint. I like it a lot. It's a little slow, but I love the animation of the buttons on the bottom zen home screen. The only problem is that I made the transition to today/today+, and this theme is bottom zen.
    6. Carbon Zoom (http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...3_4_5_a-89692/)
    This is a very cool theme. Once again though, it is not a today or today+ theme.

I am sure these themes will give you an idea of what style of theme I like. I am sure that a today/today+ theme for os 4.5 would be a very popular theme on the forums.
    Last edited by azstar; 10-15-2008 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Format edit