Hey stackers..quick question. Some time ago there was a post somewhere either here or crackberry ... 88xx Themes forum

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional

I have a question..

Advertisement

Hey stackers..quick question. Some time ago there was a post somewhere either here or crackberry that showed many themes from other carriers..vodaphone tmo overseas and I was curious if anyone knows where that link is or if there is anyway to get those actual themes. There were some pretty nice themes on that post! Thanks for any help.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    Which BB do you have? What os? I found a link through here to enable me to open all the service providers themes. The only thing is that this was an old thread relating to earlier os versions so when I tried todo the same on my 8120 it didn't work. I'm air I've saved the link on my work pc. If so and no one else posts it before I'm their tomorrow I will do such

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Awesome so u know what I'm talking about huh.....I'm on 8800 using 4.2 os...think they would work or since they use older os's do u think they would be worth it?

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    It really depends what your looking for. At the time I want the tmo theme and it worked well. The only thing is that you are messing with the os, if you delete or alter something without realising you may need to reload the os again.
    Personally the other themes were not really worth the hassle. That is my opinion.
    If you search through the threads named service provider themes you should be able to find it. If not I will post it as soon as I'm at work.
    All I will say is be careful, afterall you are messing with the main running program
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeh that's why I asked if it were worth it....I don't wanna downgrade my o.s at all or screw anything up...ill search it in a bit. Thanks for the info and where to find it! Man those were some nice looking themes though lol

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    To be honest, it is actually really easy to do. You only have to edit a file that is in the OS. You have to do this on your computer. If you are interested, let me know and I can help you out.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Quote Originally Posted by zjfarmer View Post
    To be honest, it is actually really easy to do. You only have to edit a file that is in the OS. You have to do this on your computer.
    So ALL the themes for ALL the service providers are actually built-in to BlackBerry devices already (just hidden)?

That'd take up some SERIOUS memory, wouldn't it (not that your everyday user would notice this anyway...)?

~via my BlackBerry 8800 (wap.pinstack.com)~