okay, i have read a couple threads and none address the correct way to unlock ... 88xx Themes forum

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

how do i unlock themes on the 8800???

Advertisement

okay, i have read a couple threads and none address the correct way to unlock vendor themes on the 8800; at least not understandably. one issue im running into is not finding a shared file. where to from there? someone please post the directions in a short concise manner so as to help all the others in the same predicament as i am....

also, in doing this, will i obtain the theme that is shown on the website for the 8800?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Re: how do i unlock themes on the 8800???

PIN me and I will walk you through it. If you have a web cam, I can hook up both my computers so you can watch me do it on messenger or something and you can be walked through it that way. My PIN is
    240(zero)539FB
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

sasha, thank you for the email.

fortunately, i ended up putting all of the posts together to get what i needed to get the themes.

the bad part, is i cant remember who to give kudos to but it is CSR....and i forget the rest of the screen name. even so, major props to this individual for posting on another thread as to why the file is not found.

i resolved my issue by doing the following:
    1. i downloaded the software via tmobile. i already had the desktop manager so i just needed to download the handheld software.
    2. installed the app on my computer, had my phone hooked up to the desktop manager, and it was installed on my phone without a hitch.
    3. once that was done, the shared folder appeared in the path indicated for the instructions.
    4. after that, it was nothing but a matter of editing the file blackberry.alx and it was all good.

however shortly after doing this, when i would try to enter my inbox it had the following error:

Uncaught exception: DSSMA: invalid state [5] 2

A good battery pull got rid of this error and now im quietly enjoying my
    tmobile zen theme.

mcg2u2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ?????

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I wanna do it too. I have a bb 8800 from t-mobile.

tomorrowneverkn no está en línea Stack level 3

I know this is going to sound like a stupid question, but what is the difference between a Zen theme & a Today theme? I have the Clownfish Zen as a theme on my 8800, but I don't know what makes it zen... arew there other classifications beside today & zen (if they are indeed classifications)... many thanks...

tomorrowneverkn no está en línea Stack level 3

Got it... many thanks EvolutionCSR!!