I just got an 8800. It rocks. I tried the couple different themes with my ... 88xx Themes forum

Hawk6262 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23ffe1e0

Question BB 8800 Dimension Today Theme issue

Advertisement

I just got an 8800. It rocks. I tried the couple different themes with my own pics and the one most useful, i thought was BB Dimension Today. It displays Messages with the most recent and calendar with most recent or next events, ETC. After using it for two days the Messages portion froze at two messages and I can not get it to clear. I have deleted the messages, removed and replaced the theme. ANyone got any ideas?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: BB 8800 Dimension Today Theme issue

Hawk welcome to the stacks, I'm gonna bump this up as I don't know the answer sorry, maybe someone else will share the knowledge????????
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

so your notification still shows two messages, even tho you can't find them?

im not too familar with that theme...but i do know that i have had the new message issue before and a simple battery pull fixed it. have you tried that? have you also checked all of your call logs? maybe its a sms message?

jcz2preciosa2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FD6C7D

thats happened to me too.. i just pulled the battery out and turned it back on and it was gone.. i asked everyone else i know who had one and they said it has never happened to them so i dont know what the issue can be.. let me know if u find an answer

That70sdawg no está en línea Stack level 2

This happened to me also with that theme. I thought it was a software conflict and removed BB Spell- the last program loaded. I'm going to change to zen for while.
    via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mpw27 no está en línea Stack level 1

Maybe a new software update required?

Not had the problem yet myself. Sorry

twillingham no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C83A8

Happened to me on several occasions. Only fix batt pull~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tomorrowneverkn no está en línea Stack level 3

I agree a battery pull should do the trick.

crossilcm no está en línea Stack level 2

This happens to me with SMS messages. It's when you pull the phone from the holster and the message pops up. It's a glitch. The only way short of pulling the battery that I know is to go into the message and mark it unopened. Then go back and open it again. This works for me. just don't delete the message or you might have to pull the battery and wait for the boot up.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Lightbulb Re: BB 8800 Dimension Today Theme issue

Quote Originally Posted by tomorrowneverkn View Post
    I agree a battery pull should do the trick.
    When in doubt.....

Pull the battery.....

bushd no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have that very problem with the BB Dimension Today Theme on Sprint BB8830WE. The quickest way to fix it for me was just to go into messages and on the current date titlebar ball-click and hit Mark Prior Opened.

waiter629 no está en línea Stack level 1

General 8800 IT Profile Issues

Greetings all,
    New to the forum and have a problem with IT Profile "still on 8800" --- I have requested from support a blank profile which was run and appeared to work but there are still some apps which require or test the firewall (int/external) to function and cannot get in or out as a result.
    Need someone's assistance with this as I cannot download apps which require this capability due to the "remnants" of an IT profile still apparently on the 8800 BB.

Thanks in advance,
    waiter629
    Last edited by waiter629; 11-12-2008 at 12:45 PM. Reason: posted in wrong place ..sorry new to forum! Should be in General 8800 Problems if there is one....